𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

SONG// GLITTER; 070 SHAKE

"TAKE A PICTURE, IT'LL LAST, CLAIRE"

chapter 5

A few months have passed after the dinner with Claire and her friends, along with Oscar

A few months have passed after the dinner with Claire and her friends, along with Oscar. She was beginning to like Freeridge. Although she was completely terrified at the gunshots that was heard in the night, she still believed that there was good in everything. She didn't mind the rebellious gangs that were head to head to each other everyday because she knew she had to deal with it if she was going to be living here.

Claire wasn't stupid to get involved in anything. At least that's what Monse, Ruby and Jamal said. Claire knew she wasn't either, especially with a warning from Cesar to stay away and walk away from gang related people or items. She didn't need Cesar to tell her twice at all.

As Claire was doing her homework, a loud knock was at her door, immediately alerting the small girl. She was alone in the house, with her aunt working ten miles away in Brentwood.

Claire was too short to look up in the peephole, so she took the risk and slowly opened her front door, only to come face to chest with a wife beater covered muscular chest. She blushed lightly as she looked up to see the familiar, hazel colored eyes of Oscar Diaz. He was standing at her door, simply looking down at her, arms crossed with a small, amused smile on his face. What is he doing here?

Claire took a few steps backs, so she wouldn't have to hurt her neck looking up at him.
"H-hi Oscar. Did y-you need anything?" Claire quietly stuttered, rubbing her arms nervously. My, my.

Oscar, without saying anything, walked right into her home and grabbed the nearest pair of shoes of Claire's and went right back out, going to his car. It was her small black and red slip on vans. Claire was confused by his actions. Why did he take her shoes? Why did he just walk into her house like he owned it?

She watched from her spot as he went into his car and rolled down his windows.

"Come take a ride with me." Oscar chuckled waving her shoes around.

A gasp escaped Claire's pink lips as she tried to register what Oscar was saying to her. Her heart went haywire as she stumbled over her feet to get her purse and keys and rushed to his car. She was excited and nervous because of Oscar's invite. Excited because she wanted to get to know him more. Nervous because she didn't really know him. Only time she ever spoke to him was when he went to pick Cesar up from school and occasional hello's would pass by.

Claire settled down in the leather seated passenger side and looked at Oscar only to find him lighting up a cigarette, looking ahead. She wrinkled her nose at the smell of the Tobacco and looked down at her crossed legs. She didn't see the point of cigarettes at all. All they do is shorten your life at every inhale you give. Stupid cancer sticks.