𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"YOUR AUNT MADE A GOOD AND BAD CHOICE."

chapter 4

Claire made it to her home in less than five minutes because Rachel was in a rush to get to her job, leaving Claire all alone by herself

Claire made it to her home in less than five minutes because Rachel was in a rush to get to her job, leaving Claire all alone by herself. That gave her time to wonder more about the guy who was staring hard at her. As if he was trying to see through her soul. As if he was trying to identify her. As if he was trying to get to know her. The thoughts that popped in Claire's mind made her shutter disturbingly and rubbed her arms. She did that only when she was scared or nervous. And she was both scared and nervous because the feared leader knew she existed. She didn't know what Oscar was capable of. He could've pulled up to her home and do God knows whatever to her if he wanted.

Claire quickly changed into comfortable joggers and a black baggy T-shirt with fuzzy socks and went downstairs in the search of some food. Maybe I should cook. Claire smiled mischievously and went to the kitchen, going through her cabinets finding little ingredients. Garlic, packs of spaghetti, dozens of tomatoes  and a frozen pack of lean ground beef. Definitely spaghetti is on the list.  She got out the pots to cook in and immediately began working, with her music playing in the background.

Soon, the delicious scents involved in her pot of food wafted in the air, making Claire smile happily. She knew her food was gonna be good. So good that she wanted to invite friends to have dinner with.

A thought lit up in her head as she thought about her new friends she made at school. She still wanted to have a good impression on them, so she went to her phone and dialed Monse first.

Claire held the phone to her ear, patiently waiting for the rings to pass. Soon enough, the phone was picked up by Monse.
"Hello?"

"Hey, Monse." Claire shyly greeted, biting her lip, something else she did when she was nervous.

"Hey Claire! How are you?" Monse greeted back, happy to hear Claire calling her. Monse thought Claire was pretty cool, considering she was a shy little thing, but fun to be around.

Claire went to her meatball pot, with the phone held between her shoulder and ear and began working.

"I'm doing okay. I was calling to ask if you and your friends would want to come over to eat spaghetti?" Claire asked wiping her hands and waited for Monse's reply.

"Hold on." Confused, Claire waited for whatever Monse had to do. Suddenly, three other lines were on the phone with Monse and Claire.

"Hey I heard some food was gonna be at mini me's house? I'm in." Ruby's muffled voice was through the group's conversation causing Claire to giggle, amused at her new short friend.

"Ouuu Claire what did you cook?" Jamal asked, with background noise slightly putting him off.

Claire turned the burner on low, and got a few plates prepared with utensils on the island. She got cups and sodas for her guest.