Prologue-The Time Sphere

Prologue

The Time Sphere

Scientists work tirelessly to complete their greatest technological masterpiece. In a class case on a pedestal in the center of a room a sphere is studied and tested. Mystical symbols are engraved onto the sphere giving it a magical feel. The sphere if it works properly will give them a way to travel through time to study how ancient people were able to survive.

Days pass as the time sphere is tested and studied until finally it is ready for a test warp. The scientists seal the spheres room so it can not be stolen and thinking it is safe they return to their dwellings for the night. Unfortunately the scientists did not consider that the room could be unsealed by a genius of a hacker.

That very night the hacker triumphantly snuck into the research building the sphere was being tested. The hacker searched throughout the building finding gadgets to sell on the black market. As he comes to the sphere's room he quickly and successfully unseals the room and sees the time sphere. Thinking it will make him super rich he steals the sphere and swiftly retreats to the safety of his home.

On the way the sphere starts to hum startling the hacker causing him to drop the sphere into the river where it was swept away by the current. The sphere stops its humming and falls quiet as it drifts in the current. Days pass as it drifts being carried this way and that while being pulled under the surface only to resurface. The sphere continues its journey until a fisherman scoops it up with a school of fish.

The sphere lays quiet on the bottom of the fisherman's small boat. Upon reaching land the man gathers his bundle of fish and heads home unknowingly taking the sphere with him. Once he arrives at home he is greeted by his family. His wife takes the fish from him and walks into the kitchen. She takes out four fish to cook and squeaks in surprise. The fisherman comes rushing in and sees the sphere. "I wonder who this belongs to." The fisherman says as he takes it and gently cleans it off revealing the engraved symbols. "Looks like something from outer space papa." The fisherman smiles at his daughter. "Who knows that just might be where this is from."

That night as the family sleeps the sphere begins to glow. The light brightens and wakes the son. The young man comes over and watches it as it glows and spins. The young man backs away when the sphere starts to levitate. The sphere has a goal and it floats out of the house through the window. It heads to the middle of the road and then shoots upward. The sphere's glow brightens and its spin quickens to a loud hum. Then in a flash of light it zooms through a miniature sized worm hole zipping towards the time that is its goal. It is like it has a mind of its own as it reaches its goal and silently lands on the ground between two bushes hiding itself from view.