1.27 | MEETING ELIJAH

ابدأ من البداية

"Who invited him?" Ric said in annoyance, opening the door further to reveal John who walked from the doorway into the room as Alaric hesitantly closed the door behind him.

"John. Surprise. Leave." Damon stated blandly.

"When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party for Elijah, I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games," John stated in return with a smile, making Olivia roll her eyes.

"There are not going to be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party." Alaric said with a forced smile.

"What he said." Damon agreed bluntly.

"This dinner party just keeps getting more interesting." Olivia murmured quietly; unsure if she was being sarcastic or genuine.

"Olivia, I didn't know you were going to be here." John's attention was caught by the tribrid at her words.

"Yeah, well neither did I to be honest." She returned simply. Whilst initially she hadn't particularly minded the Gilbert ⏤ after she got over his attempt to kill her of course ⏤ now she found herself reaching her breaking point with him. Honestly, the only reason she was previously neutral with him was due to her need to retrieve information from him about Klaus and about hybrids. Now, however, she simply grew irritated by the human easily. The more she spoke to him, the more she had the growing urge to kill him; not to mention she suspected that he wouldn't be here without a devious plot in mind.

John soon left the main room and headed into the dining room to greet Andie and an annoyed Jenna, leaving Ric, Damon and Liv to watch him as he left. "If it comes down to it, I call killing him." The tribrid told the pair bluntly, not pulling her gaze from John as he announced his arrival to a very pissed of Jenna.

"You do realise he's not wearing his ring anymore right?" Alaric informed the blonde.

"Oh, I know." She replied; Damon smirking in response.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

A short amount of time passed and whilst everyone was currently conversing and talking around the dining room ⏤ with the exception of Liv who would only occasionally give simple answers or roll her eyes at John's comments ⏤ Damon upon hearing the doorbell, headed back to the main parlour room. He then opened up the door, revealing Elijah dressed in a suit and waiting outside.

"Good evening," Elijah said in his polite typical manner.

"Thank you for coming. Please, come in." Damon said attempting to act accordingly as he opened the door further, allowing Elijah to enter the house.

"Just one moment. Can I just say that if you have less than honourable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider." Elijah stated, pausing beside him.

"No, nothing, nothing dishonourable. Just getting to know you." Damon returned, lying successfully to the Original.

"Hmm. Well, that's good." Elijah responded, taking another step further into the Boarding House before continuing. "Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?" He asked his voice completely serious yet threatening at the same time.

"Crystal." Damon returned with a forced smile before closing the door behind him, just as Olivia entered the room to see what was going on.

Upon seeing the Original, the tribrid had a collection of mixed feelings ⏤ surprisingly, none of which were fear. The only partially alarming feeling she encountered was present due to the likely occurrence that he'd recognise her. Not from the previous night but from an encounter they shared years ago now.