1.27 | MEETING ELIJAH

Start from the beginning

"The only thing that's going to benefit me right now is finding out what you're so secretive about." She told him with a smile; the pair both simply staring at each other for a moment.

"Is Elijah here yet?" Jenna then interrupted, previously hearing the front door open. "Oh, Hi Olivia. Will you be joining us for dinner?" She then asked upon noticing the blonde.

"Elijah huh?" Olivia asked, looking back to Damon with a smile due to figuring out what he was really hiding and why he wanted her to leave.

"Yeah, have you met him yet? He's a real charmer." She said with a smile.

"Not yet no, but from what I've heard he sounds great." She continued, retaining her smile.

"Jenna, where did you put the other plates?" Andie called out from the main dining room.

"Oh, I'll be there in a second." She called back to her before shifting her gaze over to the blonde. "Well, It's nice seeing you again, Olivia."

"Yeah... you too." Liv returned before watching as Jenna turned back into the dining room to finish setting up with Andie. "So that's why you didn't want me here," Olivia said as soon as Jenna was out of hearing range.

"I didn't think you'd want to be around him, considering how you ran away the minute he entered the grill this morning. Let's not forget you did snap his neck the other day." Damon said, taking several steps over to her.

"Yeah, well, I can't hide from him forever." She shrugged in return.

"Olivia, you're here." Alaric then said, interrupting their conversation. "You look..." He began, looking down at her informal clothing.

"Sorry I didn't quite get the formal dress code memo." She returned.

"I'm sure it's fine don't worry," Ric returned with a small smile.

"You know what? I have the perfect thing." Damon then began with a smirk, causing Liv to turn to him questionably as he disappeared from the room before reappearing with a black mini dress. "Here, this should fit you." He said, handing it to Olivia.

"Let me guess, Katherine." She replied, with a subtle eye roll.

"Yep," Damon answered simply.

"Really, I have to wear this?" She asked him, no amusement present in her eyes as she scanned over the dress in irritation.

"Well since you insisted on staying..." He began, his smirk growing causing Alaric to sigh with an eye roll of his own. Olivia only glared back at Damon, making the Salvatore continue. "Come on, humour me." He said, upon seeing her hesitation.

Liv shook her head in exhaustion before reluctantly heading into one of the spare bedrooms upstairs to change into the dress. She was initially assuming it to be moderately short and revealing but due to the girl's shorter frame than Katherine the dress wasn't too inappropriate and if anything appeared decent; nice.

"Okay, I admit it's not that bad but still... never again," Olivia stressed, drawing Damon's attention as she headed back down the stairs. This must be the classiest thing she owns, Liv thought to herself as she made it down the last couple steps.

"I'm not complaining," Damon said with a smirk, looking her up a down making Liv narrow her eyes at the vampire, hitting him painfully on the shoulder though it did nothing to hinder the flirtatious expression on his face.

What did, however, was the ringing of the doorbell which Alaric went to answer. Damon's smirk dropped presuming Elijah was finally about to arrive and was already dreading the encounter with him and more importantly the encounter between him and Liv. Fortunately, it wasn't Elijah at all. Though seeing who it really is, Damon was beginning to question his initial relief.