1.

A/n: Thank you for checking this out! Hope you like it! This is the first chapter! More chapters will come out soon!

...

It was snowing in Tokyo when Arima Saki brought her son out to shop in Shibuya. It had almost been a very happy day for him since he had a lot of new clothes, toys and music sheets but when he realized that it was all because his mother would be giving him to a man he doesn't know, he threw all the paper bags down the floor and screamed, "I don't want to leave you, mom!"

"Son! Listen to me, this isn't a goodbye, okay? We'll be able to meet again," Arima Saki kept telling her eleven years old son while his father was waiting in front of his car to take his son from his ex- wife.

Takahiko stood behind Kousei and held on his arms already. "Do we really have to do this? I can keep financing him for you. That's the law after all."

"I don't consider our son a mistake of the past, Takahiko! You know my reason why I am giving up my custody over him! Haven't you fought for his custody six years ago? You need an heir and I'm giving your heir to you!" cried out Arima Saki. "It hurts to see him go but I want him to have what he deserved to have!"

Her brown eyes began to water while their young son who's in between them kept on crying and wailing. His hands were very much glued on his mother's shirt.

"I still can't accept the divorce, Saki. You know I still have lingering feelings for you," begged Takahiko. "If you are giving my son now, please return to the house."

"I am a melting candle, Takahiko. I don't want my son to live all alone. Take him with you," sobbed Saki. "I don't want to keep hurting him."

Arima Kousei tried to run over to his mother when she began to walk away but Takahiko had to stop him from running away from him at the busy streets of Tokyo before he got run over by a moving car. He pulled him over his arms while his mother was walking away from them.

"Mom, please don't leave me!" he screamed as he watch his mother walk farther from where he is. "Mom!"

Arima Kousei wasn't able to do anything but just look at his mother's back when he can't even follow her anymore due to the road becoming busier with too many vehicles moving fast. He doesn't even understand why his mother abandoned him and left him to a man he barely knew. He badly wanted to get back home but his mother wasn't anywhere near him anymore.

Arima Takahiko gently asked him to come over him but when Kousei doesn't move from the pavement where he got stuck watching his mother until she faded away from his eyesight, he knew he had to talk to his son. "I know you don't know me and you don't trust me since you barely know me. I hope I can have a good relationship with you."

"I don't like you!" he screamed and ran again but he was stopped quickly by his father.

"Please, come with me, Kousei!" Takahiko asked him. "I'm your father!"

"I don't want you! I want my mom! Take me back to my mom!" he cried and wailed in the middle of a busy market.

He hugged his son to calm him down. "Can't you at least try to know me? I'm your father, Kousei. Just... Please... Look at me. Don't we have the same brown- colored eyes? You look like my clone, you know? Only that, you had your mother's musical talent."

When Kousei stared at his father's teary eyes closely, he felt the older man's genuine concern. It was then that he wailed over his father's chest at the top of his lungs. He was still in so much shock and pain after he learned that his mother entrusted him to his father. He hates it that his parents are separated.

"Why did mom go? Are you really my father? Why did she give me to you? If you are my father, can't we all live in one house like other families?" he asked him. "Why does she need to leave me alone with you?"

Takahiko knew that his son is still too innocent to understand the concept of divorce and so, he just hugged him while he's still crying. "Come now, Kousei. Come with me."

He had no choice but to come to his father. He began to believe him already after seeing his features over the man who told him that he is his father.

"Will my mom come back for me?" he asked him. "She just dumped me to you suddenly."

"I'll ask her to visit you every now and then. I'll take you to my home for now," he told his son as he take the paper bags from the floor where he dumped them. "You're tired."

Kousei nodded but since he kept on running away from him, he passed out in the car.

Takahiko closed the door and sighed so deep after staring at his son who had very red cheeks and labored breathing. Why leave our son, Saki? He needs you.

...

A/n: I hope you like this chapter! :)