54. Action & Reaction.

Start from the beginning

"Its ok." I rubbed her arm, she looked at me, panicking. "Relax, it's ok, it's fine, you've been drinking yet you knew to stop before things got out of control." She nodded her head in response and got out of the bed, glancing down at her near naked figure.

"I should.....get clothes on." She mumbled and dashed to the door, shutting it with a bang behind her as she left my room. I lay back, letting out a breath, I was feeling a mixture of shame and regret, I'd let her kiss me. I felt like the biggest arsehole in the world, I'd betrayed my friend. I'd betrayed Seb. He'd never forgive me if he found out. I'd lose my job and Seb could make sure I'd never work in F1 again if he wanted to. Listening to the sound of Chloe crying in the room next door, I'd say that she felt worse than me.

                                ~*~

Things between us on Saturday had felt strained all day, Chloe had done her best to avoid me by going out for a long run, which was unusual for her, and then going straight up to her room when she got back. I was keen to talk to her, I needed to know how she felt about what had happened, I wanted to know how she was feeling physically (I had heard her throwing up in the bathroom at 7am) and I wanted to try and smooth over the awkwardness between us as I knew Seb would pick up on it quickly. I had to wait until I was driving us to the airport to catch our evening flight to Italy before I finally got my chance to talk to her and that was only because there was nowhere she could go to avoid me. She refused to talk about what had happened early this morning, saying she couldn't really remember much about it and didn't want to be reminded, she put my car stereo on and played music loudly instead while insisting that she felt fine despite her looking tired and pale with shadows under her eyes. She slept beside me for the entire two hour flight and when she awoke she seemed happier, talking away to me as though nothing had ever happened. It made me feel uneasy, I knew she was trying to push it to the back of her mind and that this was probably her way of dealing with it but I also knew that behind the facade she was putting on it would be gnawing away at her. After landing at Bologna airport and collecting our cases we walked into the arrivals hall. We looked for Seb as we walked, he'd called Chloe this morning to see how her hangover was and said he'd pick us up.
"Seb!" I heard her call his name and she dropped her bag and left her case standing along with me as she rushed over to him. She threw her arms around him making him stagger backwards, he looked surprised and then thrilled as he wrapped his arms around her, lifting her up as held her tightly. I picked up her bag and then pulled her case along with mine towards them, knowing that her reaction to seeing him was probably down to the guilt she was feeling, that we were both feeling.

"Hi Antti." He smiled as he looked me while she had her face buried against his shoulder.

"Hi Seb, she's missed you." I nodded my head towards her. There in front of me were two people who loved each other and belonged together and I had possibly contributed towards destroying their fragile relationship in one stupid, selfish moment.

Chloe's POV.
"Seb!" I saw him standing there, waiting for us, my emotions and my guilt got the better of me and I dropped my bag to rush over to him. He staggered backwards as I threw my arms around him, I'd missed him so much, I felt him wrap his arms around me and he lifted me up as held me tightly. What the fuck was I thinking kissing his trainer?! The truth was, I wasn't thinking.

"Hi Antti." I heard his voice as he spoke to Antti while I buried my face against his shoulder, I inhaled his scent, he smelt gorgeous and at the same time comforting.

"Hi Seb, she's missed you." Antti said from behind me, I'd almost forgotten I'd left him with my bag and case.

"Hello Chloe, you ok?" He pulled away and seemed to be examining me, keeping his hands on my shoulders. I noticed that, at long last, his moustache had gone. He looked stunning.