Camila's eyes blinked open at Lauren's touch. "This is isn't going to become one of those creepy situations where you show up at all hours of the night to watch me sleep, is it?" she mumbled, her voice heavy with sleep.

Lauren's quiet laughter shook the mattress. "Yes, I know I'm being a total creeper right now."

Camila rolled onto her back and stretched her body like a lean tomcat, as her shirt rose to show off her lean torso. Lauren found it took far more willpower than she thought it would to keep herself from skimming the surface of the younger one's toned skin. Camila rested one arm behind her head and blinked at Lauren with dark, sleepy eyes. Her eyes were always earthy, warm and rich with affection. "Well, are you going to stay on floor or cuddle with me?" she asked softly, her voice was smoky.

A shadow of a smile crossed Lauren's lips as she lifted the covers and snuggled in beside the smaller one. Camila curled against Lauren's side with her head pillowed on her shoulder. The smaller one snaked her arms around Lauren's waist and tangled their legs together. Being wrapped in her arms felt safe, felt like home.

"You know we have to meet up with Ally and Dinah in an hour, right?" Lauren said, stroking Camila's temple.

"No. I don't want to. I just want to stay here with you," Camila whined in a baby tone as she gripped Lauren by the waist and curled in closer.

"But we have to learn this venipuncture skill by Monday," Lauren countered while trailing her hand up and down the brunette's back.

"Ugh fine," she groaned, whipping her thick hair behind her right shoulder. "But I want a few minutes to just lay here with you. Just give me five more minutes." 

Camila shut her eyes as she ran her fingers over Lauren's bare arms while Lauren played idly with the ends of the younger one's hair.

Several minutes passed without a sound or movement, just the gentle thud of heartbeats.

 Without warning, Camila lifted her index finger and began to softly trace words into the center of Lauren's chest, the space right over her heart.

Lauren shivered beneath the younger one's touch and felt her insides ignite whenever Camilla touched her.

"Wh-what are you writing?'" Lauren curiously inquired, her broken breathing fractured the silence. It was an intimate move that sent goosebumps shooting over her skin as she indulged in thoughts of those hands sliding all over her body. Part of her wanted to stop Camila, but her breath caught in her throat as Camila's fingers continued to engrave words on her heart.

A fuzzy smile drifted across Camila's face, the corners of her mouth curved up in the most adorable way. "A poem," she answered as she continued writing. "You inspired it."

Lauren's brow rose automatically. "What does your poem say?" Lauren traced the smaller one's jaw and put the tip of her finger under Camila's chin.

Camila paused as her wide, guileless eyes clashed with the viridescent green orbs. She studied Lauren for a beat and then leaned in closer, their noses inches apart. Until she could see every fleck of green in her teal emerald eyes. "I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you, (Kierstin White)" Camila said, voice soften to a velvety purr.

Lauren was unnerved by the instant fluttering in her stomach and humming excitement in her veins. The look Camila wore was filled with unmitigated love. For her. And that sucked up every last bit of air Lauren had on reserve. What did she do to deserve this girl who loved every single beat of her tattered heart.

Slowly she reached for Camila, letting her fingers delve through her heavy locks of hair. She stroked her way down to the nape of Camila's neck and closed the spaced between them. "You will always have me. Always," Lauren said, surprised to discover that her voice was scratchy and her eyes were blurred.