Chapter 6: Courts

Começar do início

Although it was true I wanted to learn how to shoot the ball properly after embarrassing myself with such a terrible shot in front of Y/N, it was mainly because I really liked him being behind me holding my arms and showing me the shooting motion. It really felt like he was back hugging me and it made my cheeks heat up thinking about it. After I got how the shooting motion worked, Y/N decided to play a shooting game with me but he had to shoot with his left hand to make it fair. One by one, my members joined in after looking at all the fun I was having with Y/N.

"How do you still shoot it in, even using your left hand! That's not fair!" Dahyun says while pouting making the rest of us laugh. Surprisingly after the short shooting lecture, I shot the ball quite well making me really happy and the other members surprised.

"No way, Nayeon unnie is a better shooter than me!" Chaeyoung says while attempting to shoot a three pointer but air balls making us laugh at her. Even with Y/N shooting with his off hand, he still won the game making the rest of us whine and playfully hit him.

We continued playing for a while and everyone was all having fun, especially me. We were all laughing at the members who air balled and surprisingly even at Y/N but he was using his off hand to shoot. Eventually the courts began to get packed with people coming in to sign up for the tournament. Suddenly I notice Liam run over to us while yelling out Y/N's name.

"Yo Y/N! Sorry I was late, I forgot my basketball shoes half way here and had to run back to get them. Oh! You even managed to bring Twice here, they never want to go out with me!" He says while laughing.

"It's because your annoying!" Y/N teased making all us even Liam laugh. "I was just shooting with the girls and they kept me busy and thanks to them I'm warmed up, so don't worry about being late. Let's go sign up now that your here." With that they immediately rush over to a crowd of people where everyone was signing up.

"Wow! I didn't notice since I was too into playing basketball but there's A LOT of people here!" Jihyo says slightly shocked. We all look around and to our surprise there really is a lot. It almost felt like a carnival with all the shelter tents set up with benches underneath for the spectators to sit.

"I want to take off my mask because It's so hot after shooting!" Momo complained.

"Me too, but we can't! I don't want people taking photos of us non stop while we watch Y/N play. And people might think something odd is going on since we never watch basketball, causing scandals and rumours." I reply.

"True, I don't really want to get a lecture about how these scandals can effect our careers from JYP." Sana says.

As the other members slowly made their way back to the bench, Tzuyu suddenly comes to me.

"Umm, Nayeon unnie...You like Y/N right?" Her question caught me off guard as I widened my eyes and feel my cheeks heat up.

"..Y..Yeah he is a fun guy to hang out with." I stuttered since I was panicking while thinking about words I can say to cover up my feelings.

"No, I mean do you like like him? I mean we all kinda like him and our dating ban is gonna be over soon so we were thinking about giving him a chance, but when we were on the bench talking about this, we noticed you guys look at each other with a different look. But if you don't have feelings for him then I'll just ask him out." Tzuyu shyly said. The thought of them being together made me jealous making me immediately spill out my feelings.

"NO!" I accidentally shout at her. "Sorry...I didn't mean to shout at you. But I do like Y/N a lot, ever since I saw him while you FaceTimed me, and now that we've talked...even if it was only for a day it's safe to say I really do like him a lot and I really want him." I say back while in a blushing mess since I never talk about guys and my personal feelings often.

"Haha I knew it! Sana owes me $10! I was being serious about us having a crush on him though. But we are all pretty sure Y/N likes you back so good luck!" She says back to me while giving me a wink.

"Ya stop it! Your embarrassing me! I don't even know if he likes me back. It's too early to be confirming these things!"

"Haha true, well let's get back and watch your soon to be man play." Tzuyu says while dragging me to the others.

Y/N'S POV

As I was writing down my personal information onto the sign up sheet, Liam suddenly speaks up.

"Bro I think Twice likes you a lot."

"Yeah obviously because let's be honest, who doesn't like me." I joke back not really sure what Liam is trying to say.

"No like I really think they enjoy hanging with you a lot, more so than others. You only met them today but it looks like you guys have known each other for years! It's actually unbelievable how likeable you are."

"I guess so. I'm glad that we are all comfortable around each other. We all immediately started talking as soon as me and Tzuyu went into their apartment. They're all really easy to talk to, especially Nayeon even though she can't speak Chinese. I find it cute listening to her speak English and she's teaching me Korean and apparently I learn fast." As I bring Nayeon into the conversation, Liam immediately smirks at me, causing me to give him a weird look.

"Speaking of Nayeon, as I was walking here I noticed Nayeon eyeing you very closely whenever your talking to one of her members. It looks like she's jealous." Liam says while wiggling his eyebrows at me. I scoffed immediately.

"As if someone as famous and cute like her is into me." I say as I shake my head.

"Hey, don't be too sure about that! I notice even Tzuyu is a bit more intimate with you and I've been friends with her my whole life so I'm pretty sure I know who interests her and who doesn't." His words makes me think. 'If I think about it, Nayeon does act more intimate to me. Even more so than Tzuyu and she likes being really close to me. Nayeon literally clings onto me whenever I walk and I remember her glaring at Chaeyoung when she kissed my cheek.' I eventually shrug off my thoughts.

"Whatever, I'll keep my eyes peeled for Nayeon but for now let's just focus on winning the games." I reply