Chapter 6: Courts

Y/N'S POV

While walking to the court, I grew a stronger connection with everyone from Twice since we were all talking and laughing about whatever came to our minds. We shared a lot of personal stories as well as them telling me some of the difficulties they faced joining Twice, even though I've had this conversation with Tzuyu before, it was still fun since it was just as interesting hearing the story through someone else's perspective. They were also asking lots of questions about my basketball and they wouldn't stop talking about my game they just watched.

"How did you get that shot in? You were under so much pressure and you still shot it in!" Nayeon said while jumping on my back making me give her a piggy back. My heart was beating so fast and my friend down there couldn't help but to get a little bit excited, since my hands were holding her thighs while her arms were wrapped around my neck. She rested her head on my shoulder while facing me and I could smell her fruity scented shampoo. Before any more dirty thoughts could enter my mind, I started another conversation with Dahyun who was walking next to me.

"Umm...so Dahyun, you play any sports before joining Twice?"

~~~~

As we reached the courts the Twice members all rushed to the nearby bench where they fought to get the best seats to watch me play, making me giggle at their childish behaviour.

Not too long after shooting a few shots, I felt a tap on my back where I turned around to see Nayeon looking at me shyly.

"Uhh...I know you are just shooting, but is there anyway I can help you warm up? It's just really squishy on the bench and I kinda want to stay with you for the time being." I immediately smile after Nayeon offered to help me warm up.

"Yeah that would be really helpful! Could you maybe stand under the net and just catch the ball whenever I shoot it in and then just pass it back to me?" She cutely nods and goes underneath the net.

After about 5 minutes of shooting I notice Nayeon had her mouth slightly open while staring at me making me laugh.

"Something wrong? Why is your mouth open for so long?" I say while laughing.

"How are you shooting the ball in so easily. You literally missed once and haven't missed since." She says back, looking amazed.

"Uh, I've been playing basketball for a long time now so practice makes perfect I guess, plus there's no one guarding me." I sheepishly say while scratching my nape. "You wanna try shooting? You've been helping me out long enough so maybe you should try and play for a bit."

"Really? I would love to!" She says as she immediately runs over, and I hand her the ball. She stood at the free throw line and throws the ball, but unfortunately the ball hits nothing but air. She pouts cutely while stomping her feet. "How do you make it look so easy!" *continues pouting*

I laugh at her reaction and I quickly retrieve the ball. I stand behind Nayeon and hold her arms teaching her the correct way to shoot the ball. I didn't notice how close I was to her and it looked like I was back hugging her. I shouldn't let her members see us like this, or I'm going to be teased along with her.

I was about to quickly change the position we were in before her members see, but it was too late since I heard Jeongyeon and Tzuyu already teasing us from the bench. I see Nayeon blush and I assumed she was uncomfortable. As I was about to let go of her arms she grabs my arms and puts them back to where they were originally.

"Just ignore them, I really want to learn how to shoot the ball properly."

NAYEON'S POV