Part 2-The Remaking (Jax)

Due to my unusally positive mood here is some more updated fanfic. It may seem short and brief now, but I am planning on including the story told from other's perspective as to fill in the gaps-I'm currently thinking about doing it from Gilly, Heath, and Ollie's perspective because besides Jax and Devin they are the funnest to write from. Also, I feel kinda bad about Ollie spending the majority of my previous AU knocked out and sick so he will get a bigger part to play in this one when it's his perspective. So, Enioy!

_________________________________________________________________________

Cold. Freezing, ice cold, the kind that burrowed into your veins and stayed there, hissing like a coiled snake. Jax was a sculpture of ice, with frozen fingers and toes, bound in ice-cold chains. He blinked a few times, unsurprised to feel the beginnings of frost on his eyelashes.

Gilly and Ollie were beside him, chained same as him and knocked out cold. There was an ugly red lump on Ollie's head, and Gilly's eye was red with the start of a nasty bruise. Kayla and Jocelyn were also there, both awake and struggling against their bonds. Kayla was beside Ollie, looking dismayed at his pained demeanor.

"What happened?" Jax said. His tongue was stuck to his teeth with cold at first, and at his words warm saliva spread through his frostbitten mouth. "How long have we..."

Jocelyn shrugged. "From the changing of the guard, two days. We were brought in here with you guys. No food, and you guys have been unconscious. So, I don't know."

"If you're wondering why it's so cold, you have Olivina to thank for that." said Kayla bitterly. "This is her high-security prison, meant to keep us just disoriented enough that we don't have the energy to fight back."

"Well, it's working." Jax muttered with a shiver. He cast a nervous glance at Gilly. How could it be, that, within only a few months, she'd become tethered to him so deeply? He knew that if they ever had to part, or if something happened to her...he'd be inconsolable. What would he do?

Kayla seemed to notice his train of thought. Hers must be similar, with Ollie at her side. "Did you really try to defend them from the royal court?"

Jax snorted. "Hell yeah, I did. A lot of good it turned out, though. Rapunzel will kill us all because I couldn't take the wool off my eyes earlier. If I hadn't known you guys-"

"They'd be dead now." Kayla cut in. "If we die, at least we die together. We knew it would happen sometime."

"How are you all so calm about this?" Jax's voice was on the verge of breaking.

"Oh, shut up, little prince. Just because the rest of us villains are raised harder than your soft self doesn't mean crap. Will you just let us die in peace, for Grimm's sake?"

"But I-" Jax was interrupted by the creak of the door's hinges. Jax took a second to compose himself before looking up. The sight that greeted him took his breath.

Leaning against the door frame was the blonde girl from earlier, who Snow's brother was with. The one who'd backed him up. Jax's parted in an expression of total surprise. "How did..."

"It's ok." she said soothingly. "You're safe, guys. We're here to let you out."

"But how did-"

"Heath, Logan, Raina, AG, Sasha and I." she continued calmly. "After your little stunt, we realized it was time to make our move. We've been on the trail of the royal court for quite some time now, and we saw our opportunity and grabbed it tight. As you probably guessed, a fight broke out and we won. That's why no one came to execute you."

"Snow, Rapunzel, Rose..." he trailed off.

The blonde girl caught his meaning immediately. "In captivity. Don't worry, where they are they won't be harming anyone." she said this sharply, confidently. Jax resisted the urge to high-five her. Or hug her, he didn't know which he would have preferred.