chapter eleven.

Although you were a bit upset that your drinks were ruined and splashed in the floor below, it couldn't ruin you from the happiness of seeing the show.

"Damn. We should have gotten free drinks. That asshole of a clerk couldn't even do that." You heard Dabi click his tongue in annoyance.

"I—it's okay, Dabi! We can get some more later.. and maybe even cotton candy? Yeah!" You raised your fist into the air, for absolutely no reason. Dabi didn't say anything back— like most of the time, so you were used to getting silence as an answer.

The two of you walked for a few moment before arriving at the destination. It was a hill filled with thousands of people; family, friends, or even their boy/girlfriends. Everyone seemed to have smiles on their faces, some even carrying lanterns and waiting for the light show to begin. Every year they held different events, like last year there were lit up costumes of animals of all sorts and people were dancing graciously in them. You had always wanted to perform in one of the shows.

The event they held this year wasn't as exciting, but there were lots more games held which everyone all loved. There was going to be lanterns and lit up balloons of a chose animal (most likely panda) to which they will drop down from where they were hung from. Everyone will go crazy and catch as many balloons and lanterns as they can. Inside of a few lucky lanterns there will be prizes or coupons to which you can use for you and your friends, etc.

Although the lantern would be pretty ugly being ripped apart, hordes of people go for the prizes instead and keep a few lanterns untouched so they can at least hang it up for decoration. All that will happen in less than 30 minutes. When you and Dabi walked into the park, they gave you lit up bracelets and necklaces. Of course, Dabi looked at them in disgust and immediately gave them to you. You did keep the necklace but gave him the bracelet to wear, since it was required. Eventually he gave up and groaned when you placed it on his wrist.

Inside you could see all kinds of people lined up for food and treats, so you also decided to get food for you and Dabi. They were selling takoyaki, yakisoba, and taiyaki in this one stall, and you really wanted to eat them all. Even though the line appeared very long, the wait for the food would probably be all worth it. Once you reached the front of the line, you ordered all three of the things and noticed Dabi wasn't behind you.

You hadn't even known he left your side until you turned around to chat with him; he had been so silent. You knew he must've just left to sit alone and wait, since he DID hate the stalls and all the people walking about. When you had gotten the food, he still hadn't come back and you honestly began to worry. The person at the stall had begun to place all the food into a little bag, so it was easy for you to carry everything.

You searched for him everywhere, a bit stressed out that you weren't able to find him or see his face. A worried look was plastered onto your face and you felt like crying. It always happened when you were stressed; the way you unleashed your stress was when you cried your heart out. It always helped, but in your situation, you didn't want to cry in front of a lot of people.

You stood in the middle of the streets for a few seconds before dropping down onto your knees, you yourself not even knowing why you had done that. You didn't want to raise your head at all the stares from people. The only voice you wanted to raise your head to was one that made your heart ache.

"[surname]?" You immediately lifted your head up at the person calling you, jumping onto him within a second. "—what the hell?" You looked up at his face, your arms still latched around his neck. "W—where were you, Dabi?! You could've told me where you went.. I was horrified when I realized you were gone!"

Without a word, he placed his forehead on your's, realizing it was probably a good time to do that. You flinched at the action, which made him tense up, wondering if he should've done that or not. You knew he'd probably be filled with thoughts of regretting it, so you said whatever you could to let him know you enjoyed the skinship. "You're really warm, Dabi."

The dude could feel his cheeks rising up, a rare occasion— happens only once a blue moon. "This is embarrassing.." you heard the taller male huff. You smiled at him, "maybe we should sit down.. people are watching us." You glanced to the sides— and you were right, people were staring, then again why wouldn't they be? The two of you were showing PDA in the middle of the street.

You could see his cheeks puff out, and it was honestly kind of cute. "Sure, sure." He lifted his head slowly from your's, the heat still lingering onto your forehead. You couldn't calm your crimson face down afterwards, no matter how hard you had tried.

Every breath you took around him was hard— it was like you couldn't even breath around him. And it was because of what? A forehead touch? Probably. It wasn't only the forehead touch, it was everything he did, it all made you light headed and blushy around him.

When the two of you sat down on the hill together, you prayed to god the food you had earlier wasn't squashed or destroyed. A few of the sauces had leaked, but other than that— it was mostly fine. You placed the food down on the ground, tearing the chopsticks apart and opening the food packages. Since the person at the stall only gave you one pair of chopsticks, the two of you decided to share. You poked a hole into the takoyaki with a toothpick and yearned for Dabi to open his mouth.

You begged him to let you feed him, and every time he would reject you and you definitely didn't want to give up. Eventually he gave in, and opened his mouth— though his eyes were closed. You were ready to feed him, but even still;; actually doing it was just embarrassing. You scooted closer to him, placing your free hand under his mouth, in case food falls out of it.

You could feel your temperature rising even higher when your fingers touched the bottom of his lips. It was a bit chapped— but nonetheless it was soft. You placed the takoyaki inside of his mouth and he began chewing on it, his eyes not budging open.

The more you stared at him, the more you wanted to lean in on his lips. It was driving you insane. What if he didn't want to kiss you, or what if he didn't even like you in the first place? You brought your hands up to his cheeks and cupped around it.

When Dabi opened his eyes, you snapped out of it. You got so flustered that you brought him in as close to you as you could so you could hide yourself behind him. "S—sorry, Dabi.. I shouldn't have taken advantage over you like that.." When you got out from underneath his neck, you couldn't look at him at all,, it was super embarrassing.

His mouth curved upwards and he lifted your chin up to match his. "You should've just gone for it."

ANNNNND CLIFFHANGERRRR..?.!!.!.!. I hated this chapter so much I can't even express it ssMHHH but dabi is so cute