chapter four.

EDITED 190501

After eating carry out for either breakfast or lunch; not that you really cared, Dabi insisted on going for a run, as that was his usual morning routine.

You weren't surprised at the fact that he works out, since his whole body was literally all buffed up. He was very muscular and fit, anyone could tell by looking at him just once.

When the two of you finished the meal, you decided to take the trash out and dumped it into the nearest trash can you could find, before zooming back home as soon as possible.

Dabi had already gotten ready for the jog, and he was just doing push ups to warm up. You, on the other hand, wasn't nearly as athletic as Dabi was, but nonetheless you wanted to jog rightside him.

He did decline the first time around, saying it was dangerous or whatever, you hadn't caught on to what he meant then. After bothering him for just a bit longer, he finally gave up and allowed you to come with.

As soon as the two of you left the house, Dabi bolted down the street not even looking back at you. You had to yell loudly over the talking of strangers to get his attention. When he slowed down so you could catch up to him, you couldn't help but noticed that he wasn't even out of breath.

His jogging matched the pace of your's, and he was super close to you. Almost too close for comfort. It did feel a bit uncomfortable having him right beside you, but you didn't want to speak up. Deep down though, you kind of liked the closeness.

Your arms rammed against each other's softly as the two of you jogged. Although you were wearing a hoodie, the texture of his skin was felt on your arms. It was like a ripple, up and down never ceasing.

"Hey, Dabi." You looked over at the male who didn't even bat his eyes at you. "Would you mind talking about yourself..? I mean we barely know anything about each other and yet we're jogging together.."

He paused at your question for a bit, you wondering if even he heard you or not. "Not.. right now." You glanced over at him with a blank look before smiling down at your feet. "I'll wait for the right moment, then."

"That day will probably.. never come." If he was pale before, he certainly looked even paler now. It was as if he was haunted by himself and who he was, and you couldn't tell why.

"Do you want to know anything about me, Dabi? You can ask away! I'm good at answering questions." You gave out a small chuckle right after, almost tripping on a rock. Fortunately you didn't trip, and Dabi didn't seem to notice you were going to either.

"Not really.." he said hesitantly, trying his best to not sound too cold. You nodded at his answer but still decided to talk about yourself anyways. It did end up taking a long time getting into the details and how your school life was, but it was fun rambling to him about who you were. You basically spilled all your life secrets out to who— a stranger you met a few days ago.

Dabi didn't seem to care or find anything funny, as he took everything in seriously. You didn't seem to be hurt by his bored face, since he was probably trying to be mature in front of you.

Before arriving towards the mall, you two stopped jogging for a quick rest break. You were basically dying, and couldn't breath because your stamina isn't the greatest.

He or you had plans to go into the mall today, but somehow you both ended up here by your unconsciousness.

The two of you walked into the building drenched with sweat trickling down your necks and onto your now-wet shirts. It wasn't an amusing sight, but the feeling of the blasting air conditioners soon cooled the two of you down.