silent🔇

little: chenle || caregiver: jisung
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ

chenle sneezed for the hundredth time that hour, making jaemin sigh worriedly. "you really should go to the doctor, le." "n-no way." chenle shuddered at the thought of going to the doctor; it scared him especially since he was close to slipping into headspace because of how sick he felt.

"chenle-yah!" jisung called, smiling as he walked into the living room. "yeah?" chenle croaked out, making jisung's smile disappear. "you okay, bun?" "yes ji, i'm fine." chenle dishonestly reassured and jisung just unsurely nodded.

🔇

they were in the middle of a jamming session when chenle's voice cracked. "yah, you sure you're fine?" chenle just nodded weakly but jisung wasn't stupid, he knew chenle was getting sick but hey, let the boy think he's brave and shit right?

the light sniffles turned to continuous sneezes and the continuous sneezes turned into a pattern of coughs and sneezes. "wanna go see the doctor?" jisung had to ask since it was getting worrisome but still, chenle persisted that he was fine.

🔇

night came and the youngest two were alone in the room they shared. chenle had completely slipped into baby space and it gave jisung the opportunity to finally have proper skinship with his baby.

jisung had been wanting to check how warm he was from the moment chenle's voice became weaker and now that he got to do it, he sighed guiltily.

"you're literally booboo the fool, chenle-yah." jisung mumbled to himself, seeing as the thermometer showed such a high temperature. the caregiver proceeded to change the other into airy clothing that could help the boy cool down.

chenle was babbling along the way, perhaps wanting to scream out that he's uncomfortable or unwilling to go see a goddamn doctor. "you've been sicky this whole time and you didn't even tell sungie?" jisung frowned, propping chenle up for a hug.

the little, on the other hand, didn't give a shit if he felt like death. he was satisfied with the skinship he's getting and the fact that he's all comfy in fresh clothes made it better.

jisung then got up, chenle in his arms, and proceeded to the kitchen to prepare a warm bottle of milk. "oh, hyung?" jisung was kinda startled to see jaemin in the kitchen, doing the exact thing he planned to do. "hi ji~" jaemin looked quite stressed but the smile never left his face. "what do you need, mochi?" "what else, hyung? a bottle with some medicine in it.." jisung mumbled and looked at what jaemin had on his hands.

"yeah well good luck with that, i doubt there's an extra clean bottle." jaemin said, chuckling as he glanced at his hands. "they slipped simultaneously?" "you know how it is, renjun slips and jeno follows." the elder one laughed before basically yeeting himself back to their room.

jisung was lucky that he was a strong one cuz he managed to carry chenle on one arm while making a bottle of milk with his free hand. "chenle?" jisung called out, hoping the little wasn't asleep but hey, you can't always have what you want.

chenle fell asleep on the caregiver's shoulder and even with jisung purposely talking obnoxiously, he wouldn't wake up. he only woke up when jisung moved him from his arms to the bed. chenle whined with tears on his eyes; shit begun hurting, he felt cold and he needed jisung and the bottle but he couldn't find it in him to speak out.

jisung smiled weakly, giving chenle the bottle as he laid him on his chest. "next time, tell me when something comes up, please?" jisung mumbled, not really caring anymore if he teared up or not. "it sucks having to be all jittery and worried."

🔇

jisung woke up in the middle of the night due to crying sounds. he was quick to open the bedside lamp he had and what he saw made him sigh. chenle just kept crying to himself, not even noticing that jisung had woken up and moved him closer.

"what hurts, dolphin?" "ewethin." "well sungie will always be here, baby boy." jisung smiled, hugging chenle tighter. "it hurts now but i'll be your doctor!" chenle looked at him with teary eyes and a lowkey giddy expression. "weally?" "uh-huh. your jisungie will make the icky go bye bye really fast, i promise."

🔇

it took jisung a few days but chenle was back to his hyper little self again. "must i say.." jaemin said, watching the three boys play together. "jisung-ah, i'm impressed."