Patch Me If You Can

Beginne am Anfang

"Thanks to Chloe we should have a little time before Harris shows up." Phoebe spoke before Max worked on the laser tag guns.

I spotted Harris walking in and I sighed.

Should've seen this that coming.

"Or he stole a scooter." I mentioned and turned to Phoebe and Max. "He's here!"

We huddled together and hid our faces from Harris.

"Let's heat this party up." Harris said and I heard footsteps run by us and into the arena.

"Aw!" Max whined. "It should be me all one eyed menacing!"

Phoebe, Max, and I grabbed some laser tag equipment.

"Let's go." Phoebe motioned and we ran inside the arena.

Phoebe and I searched around the arena for Harris but we couldn't find him.

"Alright, we couldn't find Harris but I know he's in here somewhere." Phoebe told Max when we met up with him.

"Alright, I'm about to fire real lasers, better get these kids to safety." Max told us and I was impressed by this.

Max worrying about someone else's safety besides his and my own? That's new.

"Don't worry, we got a laser tag champ clearing them out." I assured him and gesturing over to the speedy blur that was Billy that was tagging the kids.

Once Billy got all the kids out, he ran up to us.

"Finally, a game no one can beat me at." Billy smiled and frowned. "Lindsey beats me in hide and seek when she turns invisible."

"I'm the champion at that." I smirked and sighed. "And sorry."

"About what?" Billy asked.

"This."

I shot Billy with my laser and his vest lost its lights.

"I had to." I shrugged, "sorry."

"Another game starts in fifteen minutes." Phoebe informed him and Billy walked out. "If this place is still standing."

"Alright, now that everyone is out, where is this freakish little fireball?" Max asked us.

"That was rude!"

We yelled in fear when Harris appeared on the ramp to the ship.

Harris formed a fireball and fired at Max. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and held it, groaning quietly.

What the heck was that?

"Woah!" Max yelled as he landed on the ground. "Why does he hate my clothes?"

I shook the pain I felt off and helped Max up off the ground and Phoebe approached Harris.

"Harris, I'm not gonna fight you okay?" Phoebe declared. "All I wanted was for us to be close but I took it to far and this is all my fault."