Chapter 22

Serena's P.O.V.

I would've laughed at Luka's expression when I told him he was my mate but then there was the nervousness getting in the way. I couldn't shake it off. I coughed but he just looked at me like I was crazy, which I clearly was not.

"That's impossible. You can't be my mate.." Luka said, with a little bit of resentment in his voice. Okay, maybe a lot of resentment.

He's practically rejecting me, ouch. A pain went through my heart at getting rejected by him.

"I see." I said, abruptly standing and making my to the door, "I think I better go."

He didn't try to stop me and not a single word was spoken to me when I left. It was already dark out, with the full moon high in the dark sky, showering the night with its silver light. The stars twinkled high above, a contrast to the night sky.

I sighed and sat on a rock by the shore. Dipping my feet on the cool, blue water. Nights like these make me want to sing, the moon up high and the stars twinkling. Clearing my voice, I started. A song about longing and heartbreak. A song that I didn't understand until today. I started to change into my form unconsciously.

"Serena." The only person's voice that could make me shiver like this would be Luka. I stopped singing and dived into the water. I popped my head back to the surface, the water is my comfort. If I dive down, he won't be able to follow me.

"Serena.." Luka said softly, his silver eyes seem to glow under the moon's light. "Hear me out."

I didn't want to. I don't want to get hurt, by him. Anyone can but him. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it again. Deciding the words I would speak, I opened my mouth again, "If.. If you're going to reject me, I'll hear it out. I kind of knew that I didn't have a chance."

Luka suddenly hissed at me causing me to back away. He looked so devilishly handsome when he did that. His sharp fangs out, his pupils going into slits, his dark hair illuminated by the moon. His dark V-neck shirt clung to his muscled torso- let me stop. Shaking my head and clearing my thoughts away from Luka.

"I'm not rejecting you." Those words clearly shocked me, he chuckled then stop, "It's just..."

"Just?" I urged and moved toward the rock he was sitting on. Pulling myself up, I sat beside him.

"I don't.." He started, looking at him, his eyes held hesitation.

"If you don't want to tell me, Luka, then don't." I said, looking out to the sea.

"I want to tell you, it's just hard!" Luka said, frustration clear in his voice. He ran his hand through his silk like hair, which I wanted to do for him so bad.

"I'll give you a few days to tell me, I need to go back to my kingdom." I said and went back into the water. He sighed and just looked at me. I smiled, "Just think about what you'll say to me, okay?"

Luka nodded and I dove underwater to my kingdom.

•••The next morning•••

I was served breakfast in my bedroom, the maid placed it on the foot of the bed on top of the aquamarine comforter. I stretched my arms above my head and yawned.

"Serena!" Xavius' voice called behind my bedroom door.

"What is it?" I called, finishing my breakfast.

"We have a meeting with the other ministers in 20 minutes!" He answered.

I called with an "Okay!" and then he left. Swimming to my vanity and putting on a bit of coral pink lipstick and brushing my hair. Checking the time, I had 5 minutes to get to the meeting room. Seeing as I am the princess, I took my time.

After about 10 minutes, I'm in front of a green sea color door. Opening it, the ministers plus Xavius were sitting on blue coral chairs with a shell made table. I swam to my place, at the head of the table.

"We are here to discuss.." I zoned them off after that. My mind going back to the events last night.

"Princess Serena!" One of the ministers addressed me.

"Yes?" I said, snapping my attention back to the plump minister.

Irritation flashed in his eyes before he replaced it with a smile, "We were discussing on how you are marrying-"

"Excuse me but do you get to choose who I marry?" I snapped at him, clearly annoyed with his decision.

"N-No but I think it's best.." That's how far he got before I interrupted him again.

"This meeting is over." I snapped, barging out of the room.

***

I hate filler chapters but they have to be done.

Vote and/or comment

See you darlings!

~Lady