Chapter 13

Serena's P.O.V.

This party isn't so bad. It's kind of modern yet old. Some were wearing dresses and some were wearing rompers. The place was a big ballroom. and then there was a downstairs where teenagers could hang out without the adults, who knows what they're doing. It was beautiful with the big chandelier hanging, the food was placed to the right side and everything was decorated with blue, gold, and silver.

I was one of the people who was wearing a black long romper that had spaghetti straps with red pumps, basic make up, eyeliner and mascara, I had a long necklace that had a red owl hanging and bangles that are red and black. My hair was loosely curled and fell down my back.

This party could be so much better if Veronica wasn't here. She was all over Luka, who was wearing a black suit and silver tie, and glaring daggers at me. I didn't mind that she was glaring but her being all over Luka... It made me jealous. She went to whisper something in his ear while looking at me, smirking. She continued doing this for a few more minutes until I've finally had enough. I went outside to the balcony to get some fresh air.

I sighed, frustrated that I wasn't really close to Luka that way. Taking a deep breathe, I looked at the sky. My mother always knew what to do and I really wished she was here with me.

"Serena?" A male voice said. I jumped, startled at the sudden sound of my name.

I turned around to find my uncle looking at me, Zeus. He was wearing a black suit with a yellow tie. He was fairly tall, just like my father, and about 6'2. Blonde hair and blue eyes with a fit body.

"Hey uncle." I smiled, "I haven't seen you in awhile."

"Yes well, I have been a bit busy lately." My uncle said, rubbing his face.

"I guess I see what you mean, being a god probably makes you busy." I said, chuckling. You're probably wondering how my mom died, there's a very rare illness where even gods' and goddesses' get it and it slowly kills you. It's painful, that's what I've heard and seen. "Did you get me a present?"

He laughed, loudly, "Of course I did."

"Did uncle Hades come?" I asked, knowing that my other uncle doesn't really like coming to parties.

"Surprisingly, he did." Zeus answered, "C'mon, let's go back inside."

I nodded, I actually wanted to see my uncle Hades. He's kind of gloomy and the eldest but he's a favorite of mine. He gives the best presents! One time on my 16th birthday, he gave me an actual real life Grim Reaper scythe! He taught me how to use it once a mortal dies. It was an awesome experience. Another time on my 14th birthday, he gave this water proof alarm clock. It wasn't an ordinary alarm clock, it was a skull. It would scream bloody hell to wake you up and the only way to stop it is to flip the top part and press it's brain, once you did that, it would stop but gooey eyeballs would come of the socket and a worm comes out of the nose. I still have it and it still works.

Once I got inside, I started looking for uncle Hades, ignoring the fact that Veronica was still all over Luka (eye twitch). I was greeted by my aunts, Hestia, Demeter, and Hera. Yes, they were all goddesses and auntie Hera was married to uncle Zeus. My cousin and auntie (weird I know) Persephone, who was married to uncle Hades, said he should be by the right far side corner.

On my way there, I was greeted by more people. Including my cousins. Apollo, Ares, Athena, Aphrodite, Artemis, Dionysus, Hermes, and Hephaestus. Let's just say not all of them are Hera's. Uncle Zeus was kind of a cheater and auntie Hera was kind enough to take them in. Of course she was angry, furious even, and she was the one who stayed faithful. But hey, that's gods' and goddesses' business. I stay out of that, too much drama.

I finally saw uncle Hades standing in a dark corner, by himself. Compared to my father and uncle Zeus, uncle Hades was paler (due to all his time working in the underworld) and an inch taller, 6'3. His jet black hair was swept back with gel, his black eyes had a good comparison to his pale complexion, he was wearing a suit with a black tie. He didn't have as much muscles as his other brothers but he was still fit.

To say the Big 3 brothers (Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades) were handsome for their age is good. I am their niece and daughter but I do know men when they're good looking. 'Like Luka.' A tiny voice said in my head. Shaking that off, I walked towards my uncle.

"Uncle Hades!" I called out. His eyes immediately snapped to my face and he smiled, unusual for the god of the underworld but I proudly say I'm his favorite niece.

"Ah, Serena. It's been awhile." Uncle Hades said, smiling.

"It does feel like ages since I've seen you. Why weren't you at the ball a few weeks back?" I asked, knowing the answer to it already.

"You know that parties aren't really my thing." He said, bringing out a tiny little box wrapped in black wrapper and a red ribbon, "I think I already know what you're here for."

"You know me so well!" I said, chuckling, "So, what did you get me this time?"

"Open it." He said, handing me the tiny little box.

I did what he said and I carefully unwrapped it. Once the wrapping was off, I found myself staring at a tiny black velvet box. Opening it, I found a silver ring decorated with a black onyx in the middle then a tiny blood red ruby on each side.

"It's beautiful." I whispered, mesmerized by the ring. Knowing uncle Hades better I asked, "What does it do?"

He chuckled, "You always did know me better. The ring is special, dear Serena. It can summon your scythe that I gave you."

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed, "Why didn't you give it to me when you gave me the scythe!?"

"I just got it made." He answered simply, shrugging.

The party went on until 2 in the morning.

****

Early. I really like this chapter. I don't know why but Hades has always been my favorite in the Greek gods, haha.

Vote and/or comment!

See you lovelies~

~Lady