"You have to get up this early for school," Lindsey states looking at the clock on the stove reading 6:45.

"I don't get up until 7 for school." Annabelle states

"You better not spend a school night at my house then because I have to be to school by seven." Lindsey laughs.

"YOU WHAT!" Annabelle gasps.

"Students start to arrive at 7:30, teachers need to be there early so they can prepare for the students in case someone needs help before school. I also don't normally get to leave until five." Lindsey explains.

"Ugh." The women groan at the same time.

"You two would not make good teachers." Lindsey laughs.

"I would've been had this singing career didn't work out." Stevie crosses her arms.

"I know. English if I recall." Lindsey smirks.

"Correct. English and Psychology." Stevie smiles back.

"Just the thought of getting up that early terrifies me." Annabelle groans.

"Any job you get will most likely start prior to nine in the morning. What do you want to be when you graduate?" Lindsey questions.

"I want to be an art teacher." She pouts.

"Good luck," Lindsey smirks.

"Do you have to go to San Francisco?" Annabelle pouts laying her head on his shoulder. She hasn't done that before and it kind of takes him by surprise.

"I do, I'm sorry. Maybe this summer I can take you there and maybe show you some of our old stomping grounds." Lindsey shrugs.

"I'd like to come to." Stevie looks down sheepishly.

"Aren't you working?" Lindsey looks at her.

"Well, touring but I can take a week or two off and we can go." Stevie states.

"You're touring this summer. But you toured last summer. We were going to do Europe this summer for my sixteenth." Annabelle sits up straight looking at her mother.

"I know, and I'm sorry baby, but I don't make up the rules my management does." Stevie sighs.

"Sure," Annabelle states getting up and going upstairs.

 "Anna!" Stevie calls.

"Steph, don't. She's upset and if she's anything like you, you need to give her a bit to calm down." Lindsey warns finishing his meal. 

"I hate disappointing her like that." Stevie looks down. 

 "I know you do but you can't help it. You have a job that demands a lot out of you. I'll go talk to her and then I'm going to hit the road. She'll be okay." Lindsey smiles going towards the staircase. 

 "I just...I feel like the worst mother ever...it was my fault I lost our two babies and it's my fault that I'm hurting her but I can't take time off because time off means no money and I want her to have everything she ever wants." Stevie cries into her hands.

 "Oh Steph, no you're a wonderful mother. Our two babies had nothing to do with you. That girl is amazing and it's all because of you." Lindsey sighs wrapping his arms around her.

"I just feel so horrible." She sobs into his chest.

 "I know Angel." He can't help but call her that nickname and it just slips out.

                                                                                        ***

He gently knocks on her door and a soft "go away" follows.