Chapter Five: Anything Can Happen

Start from the beginning

I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom.

I opened the faucet and damped my face with cold water and dried it with face towel. I went outside to the kitchen. I opened the fridge. Perfect! There’s nothing to eat. Only cartons of fresh milk, orange juice, and 1.5 coke. I think for a minute.

“Hmmm…”

I took out the carton of milk and poured some into a glass. I drank and sighed.

“I really need to have a job. So, that this fridge becomes enjoyable to open.”

I glance at the digital clock above the fridge. 5:45A.M. It’s too early. Maybe I will go for a jog first before I went to find a job. I’ll be able to be familiar on this place too.

I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I changed into my jogging outfit and tied up my hair. I put on some lipgloss, mascara and little bit of blush on, so that I wouldn’t look pale. I snatched my jacket from my closet and my keys and Ipod from my bag. I took one last glance at the mirror and left my apartment.

I put on my earphones as I ran down the stairs. I played “Anything Can Happen” by Ellie Goulding.

When I got outside the building I ran into Mrs. Miller. She’s watering her plants.

“Good Morning, Ariane!” I greeted.

“Good Morning too, young lady!” she greeted back.

“Is there a park near here?”

Yes, there is. Just turn right at that street and when you saw the pet shop, turn right again,” she pointed.

“Thank you, Ariane!”

She smiled and I started to jog.

After ten minutes. I finally got here in the park. There are already some people here who are also doing their morning exercises. Some of them were with there dogs. I suddenly missed our pet dog, Snow. We called him snow because he was pure white. He was such a very good dog and innocent. I wished he didn’t die. Because even if sometimes, I got irritated with him because he always wanted to play. He still made us smile.

I stared at the black Labrador. He was so cute.

Then I suddenly felt that I bumped someone. I checked who it was.

“I’m sorry. I’m not looking at my wa-“

“It’s okay. Hey! I know you! Remember me?” the stranger smiled pointing at herself.

I narrowed my eyes as I inspected her. She looked very familiar. Her curly blonde hair. Red full lips. Blue ey-.

Yeah! I remember you!” pointing at her with my index finger. “Yesterday. At Golds Recording, right?” I cringed a little as I said the name. “What is your name again?” I asked.

“Yes! I’m Janeña Anderson. How’s your audition?”

“Unfortunately, I didn’t make it.” I said with sad smile.

“How sad. Don’t worry I think there are more opportunities for you out there.”

I nodded in agreement. “You’re right. How about you? How’s your audition?” I asked.