751

The Strange Imperial Concubine Li

Feng Fen Dai had come to look for Imperial Concubine Li. This was also a sudden and strange thought that had come to her that stemmed from her fight with the fifth prince, Xuan Tian Yan, and her increasingly unreconciled feelings. Just the fifth prince alone could no longer satisfy her, or it could be said that she felt that the fifth prince was too lacking as a person. He would have a hard time becoming an influential person, thus she had to do all that she could to strengthen his position. If one person was not enough, go at it with two. If two were not enough, she would just keep looking for more people. In summary, the floodgates to her ambition had already been opened, and they could no longer be closed.

“Young Miss.” Dong Ying was a bit puzzled, asking: “What did we come here for? This… this is the tent for the imperial concubines. Let’s quickly leave!”

“What’s the rush.” Feng Fen Dai shrugged her shoulders, “Imperial concubines? They’re just the imperial concubines of the present day. There will come a day when I also become one.”

Dong Ying was frightened and repeatedly advised her: “Young Miss, you must not say such a thing! Even if Young Miss is indeed thinking such a thing, you should not say it so clearly!” While advising Fen Dai, she looked all around. Fortunately, everyone was preparing for the evening banquet, and there was nobody to pay any attention to them.

Fen Dai took another few steps forward, and Dong Ying quickly followed behind her. The two quickly found that there were no imperial guards guarding the entrance of the tent. The soldiers guarding this side were sent quite far away, only leaving a palace maid to stand outside. Watching the two of them vigilantly, a look of displeasure appeared on her face.

Feng Fen Dai, however, acted as if she did not see this. She continued to step forward until the palace maid truly could not bear to continue watching. Stepping forward to meet them, she reached out to stop them: “Stop! Who are you? This is the tent of Imperial Concubine Li. Irrelevant people are not to get close.”

With the master being stopped, it was the maidservant’s job to announce her master’s identity, thus Dong Ying quickly said: “Greetings Sister, our young miss is the Feng family’s fourth young miss. This time, she has come to the Winter Hunt with the fifth prince.”

The palace maid looked at Fen Dai for a while then said: “Oh, it turns out that it was the Feng family’s young miss. May I ask the Feng family’s young miss, is there a reason that you have come here?”

Dong Ying did not know how to respond to this. Even she did not know whether her young miss wanted to see Imperial Concubine Li or just pass by, thus she could only look toward Fen Dai and wait for her to respond on her own. But at this time, Fen Dai did not make a sound. She just stood there in silence. Listening to the sounds from inside the tent, from time to time, crying could be heard. A look of doubt appeared on her face. “Your imperial concubine is crying?” She spoke up but did not answer the palace maid’s question.

The other side was clearly very angry. Glaring at her, she fiercely said: “Young Miss Feng is not permitted to ask about what the imperial concubine is doing. Young Miss Feng just needs to pay attention to herself. If you don’t have anything to do, please leave. This is the tent of the imperial concubine. Young Miss Feng standing here is inappropriate.”

Fen Dai, however, did not pay attention to her. Her attention was entirely focused on the inside of the tent, and her ears were practically on edge. The crying sounds came out a bit at a time, saying: “I didn’t do it intentionally. I really didn’t do it intentionally. I never thought that it would become like this. How could it be like this?”