694

Imperial Daughter Ji An Wanting Money Is Fine, Most Frightening is When She Demands Life

The two close friends went back and forth and casually assigned the crime of “looking down on the imperial family” to the Mu family’s young miss. Xiang Rong listened from the side. Although she did not know if such a crime existed in Da Shun’s laws, she also understood that this was not something that could be easily washed away. The young miss of the Luo Province’s Mu family really was not smart. Whenever she went up against someone that plotted things, they would simply play some covert tricks. To go at someone so openly, she thought that even Feng Fen Dai’s abilities were better than Young Miss Mu’s.

Today, the people that entered the imperial palace through the De Yang Gate, aside from Da Shun’s officials and princes of the imperial family, other people would also need to line up to enter. As for the official princesses and secondary princesses of the princes that could also enter the imperial palace, they could also enter through De Yang Gate, as they would need to first visit the Emperor and pay respects. Most importantly, it was to bring the children for the Emperor to take a look.

Speaking of, there were currently only two princes that had families, the eldest prince Xuan Tian Qi and the second prince Xuan Tian Ling. The second prince’s little imperial grandson Xuan Fei Yu was already a grown child. He could run and jump around without anyone helping him, but the eldest prince’s children were too young. They still needed to be carried around and needed to be taken care of by wet nurses and female family members. For the sake of seeing the eldest prince’s two children, the Emperor specially allowed the two family members to enter through De Yang Gate.

News of what occurred over at the Rui Gate also very quickly reached this side. The officials that had entered through De Yang Gate walked down a path before entering the main hall. They immediately heard what had happened over there. Thus there were officials that immediately began to say with dissatisfaction: “Just how highly does the young miss of the first wife of Luo Province’s family view herself? To actually dare to hit the third young miss of the Feng family in front of the palace. She even insulted Imperial Daughter Ji An?”

The imperial guard that had come to report with the platter was not ambiguous in the slightest, as he very seriously recounted everything from the beginning, when young miss Mu had cut in line and pushed Xiang Rong. He then talked about how she had hit Xiang Rong and how vilely she had insulted Feng Yu Heng. He recounted it without missing a single word, and it left all of the officials feeling incredibly indignant.

Of course, these people that were indignant were mostly officials from the capital. There was also a minority that was comprised of officials with solid connections to the capital. As for the ones from out of the province, especially those from the southern border regions, they stood on the other side. While listening, they felt that it was an injustice, saying: “That Imperial Daughter Ji An is a little too arrogant. To actually mangle the hand of the Mu family’s young miss like this?”

“Isn’t that hand basically worthless now? I heard that the Mu family’s young miss still has not yet gotten engaged. With this, who will dare to marry her?”

“Hah! She was quite a beautiful girl, yet she was ruined like this.”

“It seems that the capital really does not tolerate us officials from out of the province! They even bully our family members. What sort of situation is this?”

With all of this chatter, it was natural that it would end up being heard by the officials from the capital. They did not go and fight back, but they just snorted coldly saying to themselves: “People from the outside really are slow. None of them know the heights of the world, yet their tongues move faster than a snake’s! That was while the princes are still talking with His Majesty inside the hall, but now that they have come out, this official wants to see just who still dares to speak like that.”