CHAPTER TWO

"Malfoy?"

Draco looked at Harry stunned, why was the golden boy crying? And since when did he know how to play the guitar? And how is his voice so pretty?

"What are you doing here Malfoy? Just go away, leave me alone!" Harry cried, tears running down his cheeks.

Draco looked at the shaking, weeping boy next to him, his enemy in fact, and felt something he'd never felt before. It was... pity. And... guilt. Draco did not like these feelings, not one little bit. He needed to rid himself of them, the sooner, the better, he decided. So he sucked up the little pride he had left, turned to Harry and said the words he'd never thought he'd say, much less to Harry Potter. "Are you... alright?"

Harry laughed bitterly. "Why do you care?"

"I- I don't!"

"Then why are you asking?"

"I-" Draco broke off, after all, he didn't know why he was asking.

"Just go away!" and with that, Harry broke down once again.

Draco didn't know what to do. He tentatively reached out his hand and awkwardly patted Harry on the back. He then reached his arm around the boy and pulled him closer. Harry turned and sobbed into Draco's shoulder. Draco held him, petting his silky raven hair. They sat like that for an hour or so. Not moving an inch. "Sorry," Harry mumbled as he pulled away, wiping his face.

"Don't be, now tell me, what's wrong?"

"I- how long were you there?"

"The entire song," Draco answered sheepishly.

Harry sighed but said nothing. Draco decided to break the silence. "It was a beautiful song, I've never heard it before."

"I um, I wrote it."

Draco's jaw dropped. "What?!"

Harry blushed. "It really isn't that good anyway."

"You must be joking, that song was incredible!" Draco cried, momentarily forgetting that it was his enemy he was talking to.

"You really think so?" Harry asked.

"Yes!"

"Thanks."

"But back to the topic at hand, what's wrong."

"Oh." Right away, his smile was gone. "Well, there's this person, and I really like him, but he doesn't like me. That's what the song's about actually."

"Him?!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, the chosen one gay? What the bloody hell?! I don't care, I really like him. But... he doesn't like me." He looked as if he was about to cry again.

Draco rushed to find something to talk about, he didn't want to see him cry again. "I am too!" He blurted he immediately slapped his hands over his mouth.

"What?"

"I- I'm gay too."

Now it was Harry's turn to look shocked. "But, you're a Malfoy! You're parents-!"

"You're the only one who knows and I'd like to keep it that way."

"Of course! I won't tell a soul."

They sat together in silence, contemplating their newfound knowledge.

Eventually, Draco broke the silence. Again. "Do you think you could play me some music?"

"What?"

"On your guitar, do you think you could play me a song that you wrote. It doesn't have to be that one but just something you wrote?" Draco asked hopefully.

Harry looked at him for a moment. "Sure," he replied as he grabbed his guitar and started to play.

"Who's to say, what's impossible? Well they forgot

This world keeps spinning

And with each new day

I can feel a change in everything

And as the surface breaks, reflections fade

But in some ways, they remain the same

And as my mind begins to spread its wings

There's no stopping curiosity

I want to turn the whole thing upside down

I'll find the things they say just can't be found

I'll share this love I find with everyone

We'll sing and dance to mother nature's songs

I don't want this feeling to go away

Who's to say

I can't do everything?

Well I can try

And as long as I roll along I begin to find

Things aren't always just what they seem

I want to turn the whole thing upside down

I'll find the things they say just can't be found

I'll share this love I find with everyone

We'll sing and dance to mother nature's songs

This world keeps spinning and there's no, no time to waste

Well it all, keeps spinning, spinning, round and round and

Upside down

Who's to say what's impossible and can't be found?

I don't want this feeling to go away

Please don't go away

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Is this how it's supposed to be?"

Draco sat there speechless. Not only was the song beautiful but Harry had changed when he was playing and singing. He smiled and closed his eyes, strumming without looking. He just seemed... more him! And it was gorgeous.

Harry opened his eyes. "So, what do you think?" he smiled shyly.

"That was beautiful."

"Thanks." Harry looked away, into the fire.

They fell into silence, contemplating what? Only they know. But after a while, Harry leaned into Draco's shoulder without turning from the fire. Draco jumped a bit but soon relaxed into the touch.

They stayed like that all through the night, and after who knows how long, they dozed off. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The song was Upside Down by Jack Johnson 

Remember to vote and comment please! ;3

~M