"Honey you never told me any of this." Stevie states.

"Why would I, you're never home. You knew about the spaghetti." Anna accuses.

"All you told me about the spaghetti was it was spilled, and Lindsey gave you a flannel to wear so you didn't have to walk around school in a stained shirt." Stevie sighs.

"It's true Steph. I've seen it. And I've given Kate warnings." Lindsey sighs.

"So, what if I trip her occasionally, she's a nerd. I'm a cheerleader It's what we do. As for Christian, I'm glad he cheated on you with me. You don't deserve someone that amazing." Kate spit.

"I was a cheerleader in high school and I not once ever tripped anyone." Stevie jumps to Anna's defense.

"Kate, it's simply wrong to do that to someone, I'm ashamed of you," Her mother breaks in.

"Alright, so Anna you admit to starting the fight." Christine looks at her.

"I do." She looks down.

"Alright, I do have to punish you both. Kate, you're benched until February. You don't go to practice and you don't perform for any basketball games. I will inform your coach. Instead, you'll be spending your afternoons in detention. Simply because of the admittance of bullying Annabelle, and the fact that even though it was self-defense you did to damage to Ms. Buckingham, her chest hasn't stopped bleeding since she's been in here." Christine says handing Annabelle a tissue and she quickly clamps it over the stinging lines on her chest.

"But Mrs. McVie that is totally not fair!" Kate cries.

"But it is fair we have a strict no-bullying policy in this school. As for you Ms. Buckingham, you are suspended until we resume after Christmas break. I am sure Mr. Buckingham can find a way to get you your work. Now both of you, I strongly urge you to not associate with Christian, it isn't going to end well for either of you." Christine sighs.

"Thank you, Mrs. McVie. Lindsey and I will make sure that this doesn't happen again." Stevie stands up and shakes her hand.

"I'm sure. I'm a huge fan." Christine smiles.

"It's a pleasure...as for you, we have to have a serious talk when we get home." Stevie looks to Annabelle.

"Yes, we do," Annabelle says quietly.

"Lindsey, stay after we have to make arrangements for her work." Stevie then turns her attention to Lindsey and he just nods.

"Anna, your lunch is in my room." Lindsey states.

"I know, I'm going to go get it." Annabelle sighs getting up and walking to the door.

"I'm sorry Mrs. McVie...Kate." Annabelle says leaving.

"Ms. Nicks, I am so sorry for my daughter what she did was unforgivable and we will be having a word tonight." The bitter woman states.

"And I'm sorry for my daughter." Stevie sighs.

***

Anna was curled up on the couch wearing a ratty sweatshirt that she got out of her mother's closet and a pair of leggings paired with fuzzy socks when her mom sat next to her.

"What's my punishment?" Anna questions turning the TV off.

"I'm not punishing you. I think you've been punished enough. I know how much you love school. We need to talk about Lindsey." Stevie says.

"Is Mr. Buckingham my father?" She looks up at her mother.

"Yes, he is. I assume he knows now, but he didn't know. I didn't tell him." Stevie states.

"But why?" Anna inquires sitting up straighter.

"Well...Lindsey and I had dated since 1971. We had known of each other but didn't really know each other until 1968. In 73 we moved to Los Angeles to try and get a record deal. We got one with Polydor. But the record was dropped three months later. We were devasted. We had decisions to make. I got a job waitressing at a bar and after my shifts sometimes the other waitresses and I would sing Karaoke. Lindsey transferred his credits from San Jose State to UCLA and he got his degree. In 1976 I had a miscarriage. I was five months pregnant and they had to perform essentially an abortion to remove the dead fetus from my body. It was a little boy, Lindsey talked to him every night he was our pride and joy and he was just ripped from us. A few months later I got a solo record deal and I tried to get them to let Lindsey record with me but they kept turning him down. In 78 I had another miscarriage, this one was early on. I didn't even know I was pregnant. He threw himself into school. He started getting his masters and he started teaching at Hollywood High School...I started making bad decisions." Stevie starts.

"Bad decisions? The cocaine?" Annabelle knew of her mother's past but she never really asked her mom about it.

"Yes, the cocaine. It gave me enough energy to throw myself into my work and working allowed me to forget about our two babies. In January of 81, I cheated on Lindsey with Don Henley. He caught us having sex right in the middle of our bed. He kicked Don out, packed his stuff and left. Don and I had been seeing each other casually on the side for about three months. Two weeks after Lindsey left, I found out I was pregnant with you. I was scared to death. I was scared because I was sure that you wouldn't make it. But, I was also scared because I didn't know whose you were. I labored alone, gave birth alone. Don came by a few hours later and demanded a paternity test. It came back negative and I knew then that you were definitely Lindsey's. So, I named you Annabelle Grace Buckingham. Grace had always been a favorite name of your fathers. If you want another test to be sure..." Stevie looks at her daughter.

"I don't need one. We're too much alike. I've figured that much out in the three almost four months I've known him." Annabelle shrugs.

"That's his sweatshirt you know. It was in the hamper when he left. I haven't washed it in fifteen years. The moment he walked out my heart was smashed into a million pieces. I regretted everything. When I found that sweatshirt, in a fit of hormones I fell into a heap on the floor and sobbed holding that thing for hours. Sometimes when I miss him, I still sleep in it." Stevie stated.

"I feel kind of gross wearing it now, knowing that it hasn't been washed in fifteen years," Anna stated tugging at the collar.

Stevie just laughed and turned the TV back on, wrapping her arms around her daughter.