Long Way Down

Sunday John picked up Sam and Dean like he promised at 12:00, Dean was extremely nervous to tell John about what Caleb did to him, what if he didn't believe him? Or he didn't care? What if he was letting Caleb do these things? No. No that's not possible, John wouldn't do that to his kids.

"Dean, are you alright, son? You've been quiet this whole ride," John looks over at Dean as he stopped at a red light, his brows furrowed slightly as he watched Dean wring his hands together and shift in his spot. "Dean? Did something happen at Castiel's? Are you alright?" John gently set his hand over Dean's, frowning deeply.

"N-No, nothing happened at Cas's I just... I have to tell you something," Dean looked up at John, tears clouding his vision as he swallowed the lump in his throat, glancing back at Sam, Sam still didn't know what Caleb was doing to Dean when Dean was sleeping, and Dean wanted to keep it that way. When he saw that Sam had his headphones in and was probably listening to some dorky podcast about Aliens or something like that he took a deep breath, looking down at his hands and swallowing thickly. "I... Caleb he.."

John frowned deeply as he looked at Dean, driving somewhere to park, turning the car off and turning to Dean completely so the boy had his full attention. "What happened, Dean? What did Caleb do?" He asked firmly but lightly, as to not upset Dean anymore than he was. Dean was practically shaking in fear as he mumbled the words, however, John couldn't hear him because of his old man hearing. "What..? Dean, son, you have to speak up a little..." he said softly.

"C-Caleb has-has been raping me since I-I was f-five." Dean stuttered, still shaking like loose leaf on a windy day as he wrapped his arms around himself, swallowing thickly. John clenched his jaw tightly at that, his fists curling up by his sides.

"He what?" John growled lowly, he tried to keep it down, trying not to let himself get too worked up in front of his sons, he didn't like for them to see him get angry, he tried not to get angry at them, not after that one time... he shook his head a little and focused on the task at hand. "Dean why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked softly, swallowing down his anger to comfort his shivering son.

"I-I was scared you would be mad at me..." Dean said quietly, looking down at his hands and picking at his nails as he swallowed thickly.

"Dean... why would I be mad at you for something like that? It's not your fault," John shook his head and pulled Dean into a hug with a small frown, rubbing his back. "I would never be mad at you for something that he did." He said softly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I should've said something." Dean sniffled, crying softly into John's shoulder as he gripped the man's shirt tightly. Sam watched them curiously from the backseat, frowning deeply when he saw Dean crying, he sat up straight and scooted close to the back of the front bench.

"Guys.. what's wrong? Dean... why are you crying?" Sam asked softly, reaching out to gently touch his brother's shoulder as he pulled his headphones out. Dean and John looked over at Sam quickly, Dean sniffled as he wiped his tears away.

"N-nothing, Sammy. I'm okay." Dean lied, smiling weakly at Sam, he didn't want to tell Sam yet, he wanted Sam to be able to be an oblivious little kid for a little longer. Sam seemed weary but he nodded a little and put his earbuds back in, leaning back and pressing play on his podcast, occasionally glancing at Dean as John turned the car around and headed for the Police Department.

"Where are we going?" Sam asked with a frown when he noticed John had turned the car around. "Did you forget something at Cas's?" He asked Dean curiously, once again pulling his earbuds out and looking around curiously when he saw they were headed to the Police Department, not Castiel's. "Why are we going to the Police Department?"

"It's nothing, Sammy. Dad just has to... report something he saw earlier so the police can take care of it." Dean lied, chewing hard on his lip and glancing back at Sam, smiling small at the boy as John turned the car off.

"Sammy, you stay in the car. Come on, Dean, I'm gonna need you to come inside with me." John got out of the car with Dean and headed inside with him, Dean hung back a little, feeling the fear rise in his stomach. What if the police didn't care? Or what if Caleb got away with it? He would hurt Sam!

"Dad.... w-what if they don't care..?" Dean asked, swallowing thickly as he stayed behind John, what if they laughed at him? They'd make fun of him, cause he's a guy, and guys his age can't be raped, right? They were old enough to fight back, right? All kinds of thoughts ran through his head as he and John stood behind a woman who was reporting something crazy about Demons, she was the town whack anyway so no one really paid much mind to what she was saying.

"They'll care, Dean. They're the police, they have to care or they'll have me to deal with." John watched as the woman grumbled and wobbled away when the officer at the desk shooed her away from his desk, he stepped to the desk. "I need to report a recurring rape." He told the man.

~~Author has no idea how that whole thing works so we're going to go ahead and skip~~

Police officers followed them home after they filed the report and Dean made his statement, Sam, John, and Dean stayed outside as the officers rushed in to arrest Caleb. Dean stayed right behind John and pulled Sam close as they dragged Caleb out in handcuffs, their neighbors had already come outside to watch the ordeal.

"I didn't do nothing to him! He's just a snot-nosed brat who wants attention!" Caleb yelled, struggled as he was read his Miranda Rights. Dean looked down quickly when Caleb looked over in his direction. "Youtell 'em thetruth youlittlebitch!" He yelled, he was so drunk his words were running together and he wasn't making much sense. Dean flinched at his words and swallowed thickly as he pulled Sam closer to him, keeping his vision a little hidden so he wouldn't has to see, he was clas he had put his earbuds back in.

A little later that night once everything had calmed down and all of Caleb's things were taken out of the house and put on the side of the road Dean texted Castiel.

Dean: Dad went to the police, they arrested Caleb a couple hours ago

Castiel: That's good, how are you doing?

Dean: I'm okay, I just wish you could've been there

Castiel: I do too, I would've come with but I figured maybe it was just, you know a moment for you and your dad to have

Dean: I know, thank you for convincing me to tell him, I don't think I would've ever gotten the courage to do it if it wasn't for you

Castiel: Ah, it's nothing, I just don't like seeing pretty boys so sad ;)

Dean: Cheeseball. Okay well I'm gonna get some sleep, today's been a really long emotional day

Castiel: Okay, goodnight. Text me whenever you wake up, even if its an ungodly time of night

Dean: Okay, goodnight Cas

Castiel: Goodnight, Dean

Dean smiled softly as he plugged his phone in, sighing happily and curling up a little in his bed, closing his eyes and slowly falling asleep, feeling happy and safe in his own bed for the first time in a really long time.

Yes I know this chapter kinda sucked and probably seemed a little rushed but I really wanted to post and get the whole Caleb thing out of the way, I might do the court scenes for a chapter or something but I'm not sure, leave a comment and tell me if I should ~ Dannie