Everyone  knew Mecca and them niggas ran Brooklyn. Even though I only knew Ant it's said that the other two handles the dirty business. But it's just word.

     "Y'all making big moves sis." I laughed.

     "You could too if you let Ant handle you."

     "Out of all they niggas why Ant though?" I asked pursing my lips.

     "I'll never let them other two get near you. They ain't in that sweet milk and honey shit Tahj."

     "I hear you." I laughed. I didn't want none of they asses I had a whole puppy at home.

     "Come please..." She begged as I shrugged.

     "I am." I dragged as her pout turned to a smile.

     "Speaking of the devils." Drea smiled. Mecca walked in with Ant not far behind, I shook my head and started to file my clients nails.

     Mecca walked over to Drea and grabbed her by her waist pulling her into a kiss as the girls in here watched them in envy. I shook my head at the jealousy and proceeded to do what I was doing.

     "You just gone act like I ain't here." I looked up seeing Ant standing over me with a wide ass grin on his face.

     "Boy be gone." I said cleaning my brush.

     "Stop playing with me Tahj... let me take you out." He spoke.

     "I ain't w-"

     "Just let me take you out this once. From I met you you been giving me the run around." He said with a serious look.

     I really didn't wanna mess with no nigga especially knowing the type of reputation Ant held. I been there before and I definitely wasn't going back.

     "All due respect Ant. No."

     "Aight." He spoke giving in.

     "How was your day?" He asked leaning on my desk.

     "It was ok..." I mumbled.

     There was silence for a while until I heard him sigh.

     "You sure....you ain't looking how you always lookin'."

     One thing with these New York niggas, they always got a tongue and that shit be mad sexy. Besides the money and the cars thats another thing that made bitches drop they drawls.

     "You really be watching me hard..." I rolled my eyes as I brushed off the excess dust from her fingers.

      "Of course I do. And you know I do." He smirked.

     "Why don't you just take one a them lil' bottom shelf hoes out. I mean-"

     "Don't." He cut me off.

      "You talkin like I'm gone try some slick shit on you like that's the case. And if it was only sex I wanted I'd a been let you know..." He said this time straight faced.

     "Honestly, men like you got they lil tactics so I'on put nothin' past you; but I really don't care for a nigga right now and I'm not that comfortable."

I watched his faces through my peripherals and saw as his gaze grew hard on me I head him huffed as he shook his head.

      "I'll see you at the grand opening then." He spoke chin up.

     "Nigga where you get off telling me where I'ma be at?"

     "Drea's gonna be there, you don't gotta be uncomfortable, and if I do anything that takes you out your comfort just let me know." He said trying to sound convincing.

     "Hmm." I pursed my lips.

     "So yea?" He asked seeking assurance

     "Just cause I said that don't mean nothing.... but I'll be there and I'll see you nothing else, but don't try nun cause after that all respect is lost." I spoke sternly.

     "Nothin' wrong with it trust me...your word." He spoke assuring.

     "Right...." I spoke closing the conversation.

     "Yo' Ant les' go. Shit gotta be done." Mecca called standing by the salon door.

     "I'll see you?" He said more of a question with his brow raised.

     I simply nodded as he turned around with his back now facing me walking out. I shook my head as I felt some type of relief lift off of my shoulders.

     For the rest of the day my mind played heavily on what I had told Ant and something in the back of my head just told me I'd be regretting it.

That Night

After getting off I stopped for some food and then headed home. When I had opened up my apartment door, Cam immediately came running to my feet jumping up.

     "Wassup girly..." I spoke as she wagged her tail wildly.

     I saw my mama on the couch laid out with broom in her hand. I sighed at the sight mainly cause this lady knew I hated when she did this. At the age of forty-six I just wanted pure comfort for my mama but being the clean freak she is, she'd go to the end of the world to make sure that every speck gets picked up.

     "Mama." I nudged her lightly.

     "Mama..." I nudged her again but a little more stern, she began to wake up and stir in her sleep as her eyes fluttered open.

     "Whats wrong child." She got up with her eyes squinted as she asked in a worried tone.

     "Nothing. Here I got you something to eat." I said handing her the plate of take out.

     "No baby thats ok. I have some left overs in the oven I ate that earlier."

     "Are you serious.....if I had known I wasn't gone buy this." I said in a bothered tone. I rested both of the plates on my granite counter top.

     "You should've called I was trying to reach you at the shop but the line was busy." She spoke reminding me of the shipment truck snapping down the wires.

    "Don't worry bout it mama..."

     "Why you lookin' so sad and stressed?" She questioned.

     "Trust me its nothin'." I mumbled not wanting her to hurt her head.

     "Tell me. What is it?"

     "Mama trust its nothing..." I watched as she got off the couch and came over to me.

     "Stop worrying, and I know its still hard for you, but now you gotta move past things Tahj. Things happen for a reason and honestly neither you or me knew the outcome. One day at a time child." She said kissing my forhead disappearing down the hall. I really do question where would I be without that woman.

"How Drea doin'?"

"She good..." I mumbled throwing out the jar of peanut butter that was full but I never used it.

     "You know I got something to tell you..." she said playing around with my decorative flowers.

     "What?" I asked her as she looked up at me and turned away.

     "Your daddy said that he was comin' b-"

     "Nuh uh, don't do that I see what you tryna' do and I'm not for it." I said cutting her off.

      "Girl relax, it's time to let go Tahj. I know he wasn't the best father; nor husband if I might, but he was trying from a distance." She said speaking up.

     "If you gonna sit here and try to defend that....whatever of a man then I no longer wanna hear about it."

     "Fine then so be it."

     "Fine, then let it be so." I said ending it there, my daddy wasn't much of a daddy even though I was aware of the 'efforts' that he made. But even after all of that growing up he never made any strong attempt to speak to us. All I knew was that I had enough on my plate, and this I didn't consider this something that needed to be added.