Chapter 12

Saturday finally came and I'm already stressing out. James had to reschedule the time to 4 instead of 6 but Shiro had texted me yesterday that they were planning on watching a movie at 4 as well. Gosh why aren't things going as planned.

I checked the time, seeing it was 12:45 I decided to kill some time. I went out to the city and looked for the job Shiro had mentioned. Walking into the gym made me miss working out. Working out was my second escape place, art being first.

I walked up to the front and asked for an application. They nodded and handed me one. I filled out all the requirements and completed the form. I return the application and stared at the equipment.

"If I were to get the job, would I get some sort of discount on my gym membership?" I asked. I really hope it became beneficial for the gym membership as I want to go back into it soon.

"Oh actually you get a free membership if you were to get the job." Said the employee. I nodded, "That's cool, thank you for everything." I left the gym and hoped for the job as it's the only place I can think of that hires and I like.

I stopped by the ice cream shop. Been craving something sweet lately. I order the basic vanilla ice cream and sat on a nearby bench. My eyes followed each car, dashing through the streets. The people behind me talking and walking to their destinations. It was once again, myself and my thoughts.

Maybe I shouldn't go out. I'm not ready.

I frowned at these doubts flooding my brain. I gave my ice cream a couple of licks before throwing it out. The dark cloud over my head makes it impossible to enjoy it. I went home and gave the invitation a thought.

It was difficult at first but I decided to make a choice. I called him up. "Hey Shiro, about that movie... I don't think I won't go. I'm going to be busy today."

I got myself showered and dress. I look at myself in the mirror. I look presentable and very nice. Maybe this can be an opening to something new in my life.