Dance Of Emotions, Chapter 1

"Harry, Ron, Ginny!"

An excited Hermione ran towards her three best friends. "Wonderful news!" She beamed at the three and stopped right in front of them. She had been running the whole way from the teacher's room to the common room and was now breathing heavily. "What's going on, Hermione?"

"Technically, I am not allowed to tell anyone yet, but I'm so happy that my suggestion has been received so incredibly well!"

She grabbed everyone by the sleeve or some other part of the robes and dragged them to a quiet corner.

"I have made the suggestion of another dancing class to the teachers. Whoever's in the final year and wants to participate in order to shine at the graduation ball in a few months may sign in." Now Ginny started to beam too and turned to Harry, who quickly put on a fake smile which looked more like a grimace for his girlfriend's sake. "That is fantastic...", he forced himself to reply and looked at Ron who only raised his hand defensively. "Yeah, well ideally the pairs should sign in together. So, what do you say?"

"Harry and I will participate!", exclaimed Ginny and in that moment, Harry looked like a drowned rat. "Ginny, I really can not dance!" "Then it's about time for you to learn it!" She pinched his side and he raised his hands in defense.

"Ron?" Hermione asked the second male of the group. "No, no, no! Without me! I'm sorry, Hermione, but since the triwizard tournament I have vowed to never dance again."

With sad eyes, Hermione pouted but it didn't affect Ron one bit. "I'll find someone else and don't you dare complaining about it then, Ron!"

Pissed, she turned to leave and wanted to run away, when Harry grabbed her wrist. "Come on, Hermione. He doesn't mean it." The green puppy eyes got her to soften up and she turned to look at her friends apologetically. "Alright. I was just so happy and thought we four could do this together." Harry let go of her wrist.

"Professor McGonagall will put up a list later. I am so relieved, that professor Flitwick had been immediately very excited by the idea. He has agreed to run the course. For a moment I'd really thought, that my suggestion would get rejected and I'm not used to that..."

Ginny started to laugh and threw back her head. "You are and remain unique, Hermione!" Just like Hermione had predicted last evening, McGonagall appeared early in the evening in order to announce the news, all the while smiling radiantly at Hermione. She had supported the idea right from the beginning, thinking that the students just couldn't dance. Immediately, the first students approached her, to enroll. The rule, that pairs had to enroll together, was considered irrelevant for now, because those who would remain without a partner would simply be paired up. Especially Lavender and Parvati couldn't contain their excitement and even Neville, surprising everyone, put his name on the list. 

The great hall felt quite empty without the pets and only a few students present. There weren't quite as many students as Hermione would have liked but she didn't let that lessen her enthusiasm. Since nobody knew what to expect, they all showed up wearing their usual uniform and were now waiting for the little teacher to arrive, who should have already been there 15 minutes ago.

Lost in her thoughts, Hermione looked around and sighed. While many students had signed up alone, they had seemingly asked around before first period, who too didn't have a partner and already formed pairs. And now she of all people, the initiator of the whole thing, was left without a male partner. She probably would have to convince some student to join them. Maybe a Slytherin, because not one of those had enrolled in the course. Allegedly because they were all able to dance, like any pureblood should be.