3. Invito

How much Jamie insisted that there is no need for a party, are countless. She had finally given up after a week of pleading them to take off from it.

Lupin and Sirius have tried concealing her (to make an excuse to continue the party more like.) for the upcoming party. If not for her birthday, they would want a celebration after being in Hogwarts, her successful catch of the snitch for the Quidditch cup, or even from the years that they have not properly celebrated together as a proper family.

Jamie favored more on the last one.

She remained her mouth shut when she saw the infectious smiles in their faces and Jamie can't help herself to feel happy too. It seems like they are enjoying themselves and likes keeping their hands busy. while Lupin will be gone for 1-2 whole days, Sirius will take control and checks things that should not be missing for their upcoming celebration.

The preparation for the party took weeks when Sirius and Lupin have taken the 'party planning' matters away from her hands. They managed to lure her to taste their celebration cake in a bakery along the Diagon alley and choose whatever desserts she would like in their party. Instead, Jamie heard their anguished conversation with the baker if he had her name right and there was a misconception on her first name being Harry instead of Harriet.

Jamie finally lets them and even helped for the decorations. They made banners and even bought new table cloths for the long table and cabinets in the dining area. She remembered the colorful triangular flags tied in the strings that she saw hung in the air when they visited the zoo on Dudley's birthday, Jamie cut a handful of those and does other finishing touches on the decoration.

Kreacher as usual, still won't help them. He did nothing but continue his furious wiping on the cabinets at the Drawing room. The house-elf took the position of cleaning the house seriously and more thoroughly with his usual mutter of never-ending words under his breath about his mistress, he would be gone in a minute and Sirius would give up looking around the house for the house elf.

Jamie doesn't know what to say to the house elf, He's different compared to Dobby and is more preoccupied to his past masters instead of obeying Sirius in his orders. Jamie paused on her flags and watched the House-elf for a moment. In a flash, Kreacher's hand is in one the Drawer and it was so fast that the house-elf had stored something in his loincloth.

A cheer erupting from the doorway had distracted her away from Kreacher with the sight of his godfather, Holding warm pints of butterbeers that Jamie would love for refreshment on the Autumn days. The thought of Kreacher stealing slipped on her mind as she taught Sirius on how buntings are made.

While Lupin agreed that she can invite anyone, She instantly sends a message of invitations to Hermione, Ron, and his family right away she received their messages. Ron wrote to her about a piece of brilliant news he himself can't wait to say it personally and greeted her Happy birthday in advance while his small owl named Pig that twitters madly for sending a letter. Hermione did the same before asking about her day in the Grimmauld place.

**

July 31st comes with wonderful weather. Jamie woke up with a startle when she felt something heavy in her chest, her eyes fluttered open and Hedwig's fierce amber eyes were the first thing Jamie saw. Hedwig was perched in her chest and her talons are careful enough not to make her bleed. Jamie wondered how Hedwig has found a way to escape her cage and she cannot deny that Hedwig is a genius when she saw the latch of her cage is hanging open.

Jamie smiled sleepily and brushed Hedwig's feathers as she hoots audibly in her ear in means of waking her up. Jamie finally sat up on her heavenly bed while Hedwig flew back to her cage and watched Jamie intently on preparing for the rest of her day.