12. Nicked Meetings

"Did you use pig?" Ron questioned as he yawned loudly without covering his mouth, they took a turn and Jamie grimaced when they finally spotted the door to the Potions room. Hermione wasn't there with them to tell Ron off about his yawning. Now that Jamie thinks about it, Hermione's been missing off for days now... She wonders what's wrong.

Jamie shook her head, "No, I was about to, but Hedwig came just in time with a letter from Sirius. I gave him a treat with Hedwig though, he's still jumping up and down every time."

"Thanks for that. How's Sirius then?" Ron questioned.

Jamie shrugged, "He was busy. Did I tell you that Cornelius Fudge offered him a position in the Ministry last Summer? He took it and he's under training right now. It was the reason why Sirius took time to send one back."

"Cornelius Fudge offered him a position?" Ron repeated, his face twisted into confusion and Jamie nodded. "It's not that usual to hear something like that. Why would he?" Ron's eyes widened a fraction, "No offense, Jamie. It's just... weird."

"None taken, I found it weird too. I mean, I did say some things during summer to Sirius about taking the offer, but now..." Jamie trailed off, unsure on what to say.

"There's a thing though..." Ron said and Jamie looked at him instantly.

"What is it?" Jamie asked.

"Maybe, it's just me or I don't know, but I think Fudge did it because of what happened during the Quidditch World Cup with the Bulgarian Minister?" Ron said and Jamie's thick eyebrows slowly come together, "I don't know, mate. Or maybe, I'm just getting ahead of it all?"

Jamie slowly pieced the puzzle together, "or maybe, you're right. Now that I think about it... the offer happened after the Cup too." Jamie went silent for a minute before going on, she remembered being mad because of Sirius not being able to go and she vented it out to the Ministers. "You think it's some kind of peace offering?"

Ron shrugged, "A suspicious peace offering it is if you ask me."

"Right," Jamie said and her face slowly twisted into deep thought as they avoid the smaller students that are rushing past them.

"I heard something from Fred and Geor-," Ron said as they are about to enter the potions room when they are stopped by someone tapping on Jamie's shoulder.

"Excusez-moi," a voice full of a french accent made them halt and Jamie turned her head to see one of their visitors wearing the uniform of Beauxbatons. She is standing by the Potions room door with confusion drawing her pale and pointed face, also framed by her silvery and silky long hair that is cascading down to her waist perfectly.

She is beautiful, Jamie noted. But there's something about her that glows oddly in the morning light and Jamie can't tell what it is.

"Excusez-moi," the girl repeated somewhat starting to sound impatient, "Est mon le cousin, Draco ici?"

"Wha'?" Jamie heard Ron mutter, he sounded dazed. There's no way they would understand this girl what with the language barrier between them.

Though, Jamie heard cousin and Draco between the lines. Jamie only knew one Draco in Hogwarts and that is Draco Malfoy, and she is certain that Draco is a huge bag of douche. There's a chance that she is referring to Draco Malfoy who is her... cousin? But, she could be wrong.