Best friend

'I know this may seem random, but I love you' you say practising to yourself as you walk over to your best friend ruels house.

You have been best friends for as long as you can remember and for the past 2 years you've started to see him in a different way.

The way his hair falls perfectly, the way he smiles and laughs when you say a stupid joke. The way he would protect you as if you were his. But that was the problem. He wasn't yours. You have belonged to him for such a long time that you can't wait any longer to tell him how you felt.

A couple minutes later you were outside his house. You took in a deep breath and you tried to muster up some courage to tell him.

Your mind was filled with worries. What if he doesn't want me? What if I ruin everything we have created. But you can't go on any longer. You have to tell him.

You knock on the door once before walking in. You pass ruels mum and you say hello before walking up to his room.

Suddenly you feel like this is a mistake and start to walk down the stairs. You get half way down the stairs before you hear
"Y/n? Is that you?"
You look up to see his cute little face ever so tired. You smile and begin to walk up the stairs again.

"Why were you going back down?" He says hesitantly as you both sit on his bed with your head resting on his shoulder.

"Umm I was just going to get some water because you were asleep" you say making up a cover story.
He simply smiled and closed his eyes again, beginning to fall back asleep.

When you thought he was back to sleep you reached up and pushed a piece of hair out of his face to see if he would nudge. He didn't.

'Maybe if I say it to his face whilst he is asleep I will get it off my chest and no damage will be done' You think to yourself.

You start to talk quietly and slowly, careful not to wake him up.
"I just need you to know that I'm always thinking about you, every second of every minute of every day. I... um... I don't think there is actually a part of my day where you don't run through my mind. Even if it's just doing stupid normal tasks, like for example I'll be walking through the supermarket and go through the juice section and then I'll think,
'Remember that one time when I was really sick and ruel came to my house to give me orange juice that he tried to make himself but it turned out really sour and lumpy but I pretended to like it to spare his feelings'. Or maybe I'll just be making toast and I will think about the time your mum asked asked us to make breakfast and the fire alarm went off went we burnt the toast because we were too busy seeing who could make the fried egg. I just think about you all the time and lately, everything's gotten more intense. I think about what my life would be without you and I've come to realise that with you I'm not me." At this moment tears start to form in your eyes  as you continue on.
" I think I've spent such a long time trying to deny but I can't. I just can't. Because I love you. I love you so much it hurts, but it's hard for me to tell you because I don't want to ruin what we have. I'd rather have you as a friend than not have you at all. I'd rather have you hug me kiss the top of my head as if I were your sister than for you to not want to be around me. Even if I want to be more. Even if I want you to mine because lord knows I've been yours for so long I can't even comprehend what it would be like to belong to anyone else. I belong to you even if you don't know it. I know you don't love me, and that's okay because I will love you no matter what even if that does mean you don't love me back."

You kiss the tip of his nose as another tear falls down your face. All of a sudden your lips are pulled onto his. What the heck is happening?
Is he sleepwalking?

You relax and kiss him back as even if this is in an unconscious manner it may be the first and last kiss from him you will ever get.

You pull back to rest your head on his. His golden eyes open and stare into yours. He's awake. Oh god he heard it all. He heard every single word. Oh jeez how am I gonna okay this off.

"Oh.....umm....you were awake?" You ask looking down.
He smiles and nods his head.
"I am so sorry, I can't believe myself, why did I have to ruin something so perfect. I'm so sorry." You say struggling out of his grip.

He only pulled you towards him more.
You give in and rest ur head on his chest as a tear rolls down your face.

"Ya know, you never really gave me a chance to respond, I mean I thought kissing you was probably a big pointer but I don't know" he says looking straight ahead.

You look up at him and say, "so if you were to respond, what would you say?"

He chuckles and looks into your eyes
"I would say that I must be a pretty good liar for you to think that I haven't loved you since we were twelve"
You look at him in shock as pulls a pice of hair off your face.
"You love me?" You say quietly "like more than friends love?" You clarify.

He nods his head and flips you over to rest his head on your chest. You giggle and look at the beautiful boy on top of you.

"Why me?" You ask "it's not like I'm a Model, I mean yeah I'm tall but I'm also not a stick. I have boobs and hips, and the lord knows my face isn't perfect. I mean look at you, you're basically a god."

He looks at you as if you have just committed a sin. "You're kidding right" he says sincerely hoping that you are humouring him. You stay still and look away from his eyes.

He sighs and holds both of your hands.
" you are possibly the most perfect human I have ever seen. You have the perfect height, the perfect non-stick like figure, perfect boobs that I swear to god make me go crazy when I see I other boys staring at them, because they are for my eyes only. Don't even get me started on your face because honestly your face is what brightens my day and I am so lucky to call you mine, well at least I hope that you can be mine because the lord knows I have been yours for years" he finishes whilst not leaving your eyes contact for a minute.

You basically tackle him into a hug and kiss all over his face. He giggles and squirms but you don't stop. Your legs straddle either side of his body as you hold onto him as if you were never going to let go.  You kiss his forehead, then his nose, then each cheek and then finally his lips.

His lips are everything you imagined and you can't help but smile. You role into his chest and he kisses your head.
"I love you y/n, please be mine." He says into your hair.
"I love you ruel, and I've always been yours"