Chapter 8

My nerves are shot and I am shaking literally. I decided we do a grand entrance than wait for Ezio to arrive. Mr. Salvatore give me a heads up that Ezio brought his fiancee with him.

"Kids you let your mom and dad talk first before you play with him." Ms. Watsons reminded my kids before we enter the house but their excitement is uncontrollable and they just burst inside the house, screaming 'Daddy!'

Ms. Watsons and I tried to stop them but it was too late.

Both twins cling to Ezio. He looking down to them with a confuse expression.

"Eric, Erica I told you to let your mom and dad talk first." Ms. Watsons harumph to them. Ezio turn his head to her and then to me.

"Long time, no see Ezio." Then I wave awkwardly.

Long time, no see!

God take me now.

"Why don't you have a talk in the library." Mr. Salvatore suggested.

I nodded and made my way to the library with Ezio behind me.

I immediately sit on the couch to hid my shaking knees.

I look at Ezio. He stand against the door.

"So... Surprise." I said awkwardly.

Yay me for making a fool of myself.

He just stare at me quietly, I feel like I was on a hot seat.

"Was that your fiancée out there, she's very pretty. I hope she's kind, she is going to be our kids stepmom afterall." Words spitting out of y mouth.

Yeah there I said. Can I go now?

No, no Kim, don't fidget your fingers!

"Our kids?"

"Yes, they're turning five in June." I told him.

He rubbed his hands to his face in exasperation. It made me gulp in fear.

I know Ezio when he is angry. It was like a camehame wave, sucking more energy till he blast it all in one blow. Jeez is it me or it does sound dirty? It is the Ezio effect.

"Why you didn't tell me? Why now?" He question.

"In my defense I tried... And you said I shouldn't have call you."

"Really Kim one phone call. Is that the best you can do?"

"You're right. I should've sent a pop up congratulation cards. Why I haven't thought of that?" I mocked him.

"Why now?"

"Why not now? With this auspicious event in your life, come to think of it Eric can be your ring bearer and Erica the flower girl." Now I'm spitting bullshit.

"Forgive me for naming them Eric and Erica I know how thankful you are your mom didn't name you Alleon. I was still loopy with the meds when I named them. So yeah they will hate me when they're older."

"You're mumbling."

I chuckle. "Obliviously. If you hid something this big, you'd be nervous too."

Ezio shook his head.

" so that's it, we have kids. Whoo I feel relieved. Can we go outside now? They're pretty excited to see you."

"Be prepared I'm filing for sole custody. How's that feel now?" He said and left the room.

.......

Forcing a smile and watch my kids with Ezio and his fiancee was painful when I just want to go to bed and cry.

"I take it that talk didn't end well." Ally sat next to me on the lounge chair.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She watch me pour champagne on my glass.

"Careful that will make you drunk." She warned me.

"I'm allowed. Ezio is taking the kids away from me." I look at them. "She look like she's a nice person. Maybe it wouldn't be such bad thing. I'll get by, I always do."

I suck it and focus on other things.

"So how are you? Are you dating?"

"I have boyfriend, his name is Todd and he is a surgeon. He is not here because he has a scheduled operation today. How about you?"

"I didn't have time, balancing time with work and two kids."

"Oh don't worry I'm sure it won't be long. Leave the kids to Ezio and let's have a girls night out. It'll be fun."

"You're right. I could use some distraction. Later?"

.......

I followed Ezio when I saw him going inside the house.

"Ezio wait up!"

"I thought of what you said earlier." He look at me squarely. "I'm not going to fight you for custody but please give me visitation rights to them."

"And..." I look around to avoid his eye contact. "And... yeah our kids love their bedroom sets so it may take a day or two to have the remove and install in your house... So that's it." I turned my back on him.

"You're drunk."

"I'm not... but I will be tonight or maybe get laid if I'm lucky... Oh I almost forgot if you want you can babysit later, getting warm-up before the big move. Thank god I haven't unpack that much box yet!"