Yule Ball ⚜ Chapter Eighteen

Beginne am Anfang

        "Dobby will go find Wheezy now and bring him to the common room!" Dobby suggested.

        "Thank you, Dobby." I smiled at him with gratitude. 

        Dobby then apparated out of the room in search of my date. I took the dress from my closet and brought it over to the full length mirror once again. Luna made sure to look away as I slipped on the elegant gown. 

        "Can you help zip me up in the back?" I asked Luna. 

        "Of course." she said. Luna walked up behind me and we both watched the mirror as she pulled the zipper up on the back of my dress. Suddenly the sea of blue consumed me and the silky fabric hugged my curves in the most flattering way. When I looked into the mirror, it was as if I was looking at a complete stranger. A beautiful, mysterious woman was staring back at me. I had never felt this way about myself before. I looked like my mother. She was always someone who could take your breath away with her outer beauty. 

        "Wow..." Luna's comment trailed off gently. We both stared at the mirror in awe for a few moments. I then turned to face my best friend. "You look striking." she complimented me. I blushed and picked up the white gloves, slipping them on as well. They were the perfect piece to complete such a look.

        Dobby apparated back into the dorm. "Your Wheezy is here, Miss!" he was frantic as soon as he appeared. I giggled at his silliness. As soon as Dobby saw me, his demeanor changed from hurried to relaxed. His already big eyes seemed to grow larger as he stared at me, entranced. He took a couple slow steps towards me. "Miss... you look magnificent. Utterly breathtaking!" Dobby blinked a few times and then grew excited once more. "Your Wheezy must see! Hurry!" he grabbed my hand and practically dragged me out of the room and down the stairs. 

        "Dobby!" I cried as I laughed the entire way down the steps. Once we reached the bottom of the stairs, I looked up to see Ron standing in the middle of the common room. His long red hair lay neatly on his shoulders, the ends slightly curling naturally. His dress robes were very old and very worn, and definitely more traditional than my fancy new dress. His robes were covered with frills and lace with a rather big collar and a black bow tie. He had a dumbfounded look on his face as he stared at me. 

        "Bloody hell..." the words escaped his lips. 

        Embarrassment took over me as Ron just stood there gazing at me. Not knowing what to say, I looked down at the ground as a slight blush formed on my cheeks.

        "(Y/N), you look gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous..." My eyes shot back up at him but my cheeks grew even brighter. His compliments always made me feel quite bashful. 

        I walked to him slowly. "You look very handsome, as you normally do." 

        Ron turned timid as he looked down at his feet. "You don't have to say that. These robes are hideous." 

        I grabbed the ends of his collar and put my chest to his. "I don't think you could ever look hideous, even if you tried your hardest." I shot a bright smile up at Ron, who seemed to tower over me. 

        He wrapped his arms around me and pecked my forehead. "Standing next to a beauty such as yourself, I just might." he chuckled. I immediately became flustered and buried my face into his chest.