|Icecream|

3

|♡|

Poor Peggy Posey

Poor Peggy Posey.

After that Wednesday night when she bumped into those boys, her family made sure to keep a eye on her at all costs which costed her privacy. For the rest of the week, her older bastard brother had to give her a ride to school and to her job which caused a cranky brother to be released unto the world.

Then Peggy in the passenger seat could only pity herself.

"Stupid pricks. Doesn't anybody know how to drive anymore?" Darrell yelled in anger.

Peggy just wore a sad expression as she looked out the window with the nice autumn breeze hitting her face.

Soon the drive was over leaving Peggy at her job. She said her goodbyes to her brother and he left with silence and furrowed eyebrows. She shrugged it off and made her way to the front door of the record store but she was greeted with George, the icecream boy.

"Hi Peggy." George wore a soft pink apron with a white undershirt and a matching pink cap. In his hand he held a wrapped popstickle. On his face he wore a nice grin that brought comfort for Peggy.

"Hi George." She greeted with a sad smile.

She knew George ever since she started working at the shop which had been the summer of seventy-six. She was sitting on the steps of the record shop store with swet and tears rolling down her face. It had been a hard first day of work. Men and women were yelling at her for not knowing anything. It brought her down easily. Then, there came the hero of that day. George Harrison. The lanky boy with vampire teeth who had a great appetite but great metabolism.

"What's wrong Peggy?" George asked as he got closer to her.

She sighed. She knew she would have to sit down with him in order to tell him what had happened but their was no time for that.

"I'll tell you after work. I get out at 7."

George nodded and handed Peggy the red popstickle. She took it and gave him a smile.

"Thanks George."

The hours went on and Peggy was off with George. They both sat outside into the plastic chairs. George held a small cup of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and a pink plastic spoon stuck in the delicious delight.

"Spill it Peggy! My icecreams going to melt before you even start the whole story." George complained.

Now, George could only listen to a great story or gossip if he had food in his hands. Most normally it would've been popcorn he was eating but he worked at Mimi's Icecream Shop which had a wide selections of icecream so here he was. Waiting with icecream.

Peggy sighed and opened her mouth. "I met some group of boys who stopped me last night as I walked home."

George raised an eyebrow as he layed a nice scoop of icecream on his tongue.

"They planned for me to come with them but a boy spoke up. A special boy." Peggy began to think of the blue jewl eyed boy who made her want to grab them and wear them as jewelry.

"Pegs, are ya falling in love? You know how bad that's for you."

She thought about it. She couldn't be in love with someone she didn't even properly meet. But she wish it was that easy. Simple as that. But that's not how life worked. That's how love didn't work. But she did have a special feeling towards this boy she couldn't contain.

"Love shouldn't hurt anyone George. Plus, I never properly met him. He just caught my eye for a second." Peggy looked down at her lap as he cheeks turned the color crimson.

George rolled his eyes and smiled at his friends heartfelt feelings. "I mean Pegs, how old is he? Huh?"

She didn't want to bring it up. She really didn't but she had to respond. "17."

George yanked a strand of hair that belonged to Peggy. "Ow!" She exclaimed.

"Are you insane? You're too young for him, he's to old for ya!" George yelled as he waved his long arms around.

Peggy got over the pull of hair and sighed as she slouched back in her seat with watery eyes. "I never even said I like him! He just caught my eye!"

George noticed that Peggy was on the bridge to a sad place if she continued thinking about boys she couldn't have. Peggy was too picky, like a child who would only eat bread without the crust. George was saddened to see Peggy like this. Ever since she saw the girls her age were getting all the boys they could have, she longed for a boy.

A light bulb suddenly appeared over George. George knew a certain boy who he was friends with. Well not really friends, more of acquaintances. He actually kind of hates the boy.

Paul McCartney was his name.

Paul, the heartbreaker who broke more hearts then any boy in town. The boy who broke his own sisters heart. George was a nice boy and Paul was a nice boy as well but had a tendency to keep falling for girls at the same time. Paul had claimed he meant no harm and even then how promising Paul had said it, whether or not he meant no harm, he still caused pain. George would never ever set him up with his dear friend Peggy. Unless, he could change Paul into a new man. A Paul that didn't break hearts everywhere he went.

He didn't want to constantly have boys be the answer to her happiness but just for now he would give it a chance.

Peggy could only look down at her lap with that pouty face while George sat up.

"Pegs, go home. Take a rest. Come back tomorrow with a smile. Huh? For me?"

Peggy was already stood up with George. Peggy hugged him and said bye and walked down the street where the phone booth was to call her brother.

George proudly stood tall, thinking about his great idea.

George thought now that she sure would never have to think about that blue eyed boy ever again. Maybe Paul would give change a chance. Maybe.

"She won't have to think about that older boy ever again."

While he said that, the same blue eyed boy sat on his bed listening to some records spin on his record player. A ciggarete getting pulled away from his lips.

"B-B-Benny and the Jets.." Ringo lightly sung. Ringo then sighed and took another puff of his cigarette.

A girl ran across his thoughts very suddenly. Peggy was her name.

He chuckled of the thought of her. "She was a cute girl."

He smiled of the thought that meeting her properly next time wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. Right?

|♡|