before violet could even fathom what was happening, people begin to arrive. she was nervous, the pit in her stomach growing every time her hand was shook by a new face.

in new york, her confidence was unusually high. here, she didn't feel like much. that worried her.

she spends a half an hour talking to those who approached her in interest. hanging out along side the tables that showcased her designs, as well as everything she had put towards getting here. pictures of her back in new york, at events. news articles that hinted her name, and the questionnaire that she had filled out before submission.

her entire career fit on two tables, covered in a black silk cloth. and she had the audacity to be proud of it.

violets conversation with the older lady she worked with died off as she spots jack from across the room. she makes eye contact with him, smiling to tell him to meet her here.

she hardly picks out the rest of them in the crowd, but as promised the band was all there. trailing behind jack the best they could in order to get to violet. she doesn't notice until they approach closer, but walking alongside finn, was a slightly shorter brother. a feature hinted throughout his body sharing the same with finn. someone that it almost broke her heart to see.

nick.

she meets her eyes with his, the both sharing a smile until he finally manages to get to her. in an instant, her arms wrap around him. she had missed him so much.

"nick! what are you doing here?" she talks over the rooms chatter.

he pulls away, taking in her changed looks.
"finn flew me in for your big day. its been so long, you look so great!"

"so do you, really." he looked the same, she was just happy to be seeing him again.

she takes the second of silence to say hello to the others, each of them standing so elegant in nice clothing. they each cleaned up rather well.

they take their turns congratulating her, finn taking his hug to tell her how proud he was of her.

eventually, she falls back to talking to nick. the six of them trying their best not to over crowd as they all join in on conversation.

"so you've got a girlfriend, i heard." violet gleams to him.

"uh, fiancé, actually."

"what?" finn blurts out, eyes wide.
"since when?"

"i asked her last week."

"nick, thats so great!" violet smiles.

"do mom and dad know?"

"i was planning on telling them while im down here. maybe before i leave, this weekends about violet."

they all congratulate him, violet giving a warm smile to him the entire time.
"well, im excited to meet her."

"what about you, anyway? i was sort of expecting finn to have popped the question by now."

"you know, me too." she jokes. her eyes meet finns gentle smile that he tried to hide from his lips.
"no we're, happy where we are i think."

"as long as hes treating you well."

"better than i could ask for."

"whats all of that?" ayla points behind them to the tables.

violet sighs, moving out of the way for them to see.
"pretty much everything actually. from when i started at the company."

"wow." jack gazes at it, the four of them reading into all of the things she had accomplished.

finn stays with violet, an arm respectfully placed around her waist as he stares at the display from a distance.

"thank you, for flying nick out."

"of course. i knew you missed him." he smiles, his button down shirt contrasting with his eyes. they were all she could manage to focus on.
"my parents are coming out too, a bit later."

the two watch as other strangers begin to head their direction. finn takes the opportunity to leave her to her business, joining the others at the tables of displayed.

"dude, finn, did you see this?" jack calls his attention to a piece of paper framed to the table.

"no? what is it?" he approaches, only making out that it was a familiar handwriting. violets, of course.

"its so sweet!" ayla gushes, smiling at finn.

"yeah, ayla cried." malcolms eyes roll as she nudges him, continuing their way through her display.

as for finn, he picks up the framed writing. inspecting the questionnaire as he reads;

who is one person you look up to and why?

i think that maybe this question could be answered a lot simpler than what i'll leave it to be. its easy to say you look up to someone whose changing the world, whose helping hundreds of lives in some way. thats not what this is about to me as i think about it. its about the only person that has ever put me in the right direction. the only person that took me in when he had no business to do so, and still did everything he could to save me. i am only here in this position today because of him, and his kindness. his willing to teach me right from wrong. i have never met someone more talented, loving, and simple in my life. he has done all of this for me and still has room to give to the people he comes across, and in time i am left to do nothing but watch in hopes that he will be in my life forever. thats everything you could ever possibly look up to in someone. his name is finn, and he's the only reason as to why i believe in myself.

1445 wc