You Look Like An Evil Furry

All was silent after the bird and evil figure left. Adam stood silent next to Langdon, his heart pounding in his chest. Around him, he could hear heavy breathing, sobbing, and Polly, who had finally stopped screaming. She now approached Adam with heavy footsteps. He felt her hand fall on his shoulder. Footsteps sounded next to him, and Sam and Virginia joined the small group. 

Langdon rubbed his eyes and cleared his throat. "Journals?" he croaked. 

Adam shrugged defensively. "I have no clue what he was talking about." He looked at Polly, her puffy red eyes still filled with shock. 

"Well, he obviously thought you would," Virginia said. Her voice was pretty, smooth. Sam nodded in agreement. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Virginia smiled at him. 

"Well, I don't," Adam scoffed. He backed out of the group and looked around the room. In the corner, two girls and Luke stood hunched over a phone as one of them typed frantically. Adam glared at them. Luke noticed and pushed the phone down. Both girls looked up sheepishly. "Not the time," Adam snapped. 

Sam let go of Virginia and pulled Adam aside. "What did Libra ask you?" he asked. 

"He wanted me to read his journals, but I don't even know where they are..." Adam glanced up at Sam, who wore an inquisitive expression. 

"I think I might, though," Sam stated and walked towards the door. "Come on." 

Adam followed him out into the hallway, the others' gazes on their backs. They walked down the hallway for a while, surrounded by the boring blue-gray walls, until they reached Leo's office. Sam opened the door carelessly and made his way to the desk. He began digging through drawers until he found a small button, like a car remote. 

"What's that?" Adam asked. 

Sam gave Adam a slight, mischievous smile before clicking the button. Adam jumped as one of the bookshelves slid aside mechanically, revealing a hidden room. Sam walked into the room as if it were nothing. Adam followed tentatively. 

Inside, there was another plethora of bookshelves and a giant table right in the center. Sam jumped over the table and started searching the bookshelves, while Adam stood in the doorway and looked around. 

After what seemed like forever, Sam let himself fall onto the table, where Adam sat, bored. "It's a lost cause..." he mumbled. Books lay scattered on the ground. Boxes had been thrown off the shelves and now lay open on floor, their contents spilling out. 

Adam laid back on the table. The ceiling in this room reminded him a lot of the ceremony/opening room, covered in paintings of constellations. He traced one of them with his finger in the air, drawing the outline of what was supposed to be a ram. Sam did the same. 

After a while, Adam sat up. "Maybe we're looking too hard," he said. He pulled his notebook out of his jacket and flipped to a random page. Inside, there were words scribbled all over in no order. Adam stared down at the page hard, wondering what had made him write it all. 

He got up and search one of the boxes on the ground. Sam hopped off the table and followed his lead, digging through the boxes once again. Still, they found nothing. Their eyes met, and, in a final sigh of frustration, they decided to finally give up. 

Just as they were leaving the room, a glint of red caught Adam's eye. He turned around and spotted a clear bin, filled with jewels. Without saying anything, he made his way to the shelf and pulled the shelf down. Opening the lid, he took one of the jewels out and studied it. It seemed to glow. He looked back and threw it towards Sam.