08

symere

it was wednesday morning and syd and i were heading to ms. walkers class. ever since i hung out with jordan at the rink, i haven't been able to stop thinking about him. every little thing i do reminds me of him.

i could be eating and i'll be thinking about him. i could be listening to music and guess what, i'll be thinking about him. holy shit, i was even thinking about him during my new job interview and became completely unfocused. it's crazy.

we've been texting non-stop and that didn't help my obsession at all except fuel it.

"i don't know where his head is at. he still likes megan so it's awkward. i'm just gonna wait it out for a bit," i told her sadly. i've wanted jordan for the longest but i would hate to get my heart broken because of him. what a waste.

"plus, miguel finally texted me this big ass paragraph apologizing about how he got his phone fixed and all this other shit," i said, sighing to myself.

"of course he did... anyways jordan and megan aren't dating on a serious level though like i'm pretty sure they talk to other people," syd told me in a quiet voice. i clicked the down arrow elevator button, completely confused about what syd just told me.

"is megan talking to other people?" i questioned wearily. she yawned and nodded, leaning on the elevator.

"apparently. so if jordan talks to you, you shouldn't feel guilty," her voice carried genuine sincerity.

"we're not talking. even when we were texting, he still asks about megan. he always asks for advice. i think he's taking her seriously and i feel guilty," i responded honestly. i text megan almost everyday too and i would feel sick to my stomach knowing i was trying to mess with someone she wanted to date. that'll make me the worst friend.

"you're too nice symere," she said, playing with my dreads. i shrugged my shoulders. my brain was being consumed with the worst thoughts possible.

••

"miguel is now just texting you? that's some bullshit. i saw his ass with a perfectly good phone like two days ago! are you okay?" steve asked me as all three of us were walking outside to the food court. it was super nice outside and it brightened my mood tremendously.

"honestly i'm fine. it'll be different if we were seriously dating and then he ghosted me. my feelings aren't hurt that much. he texted me saying sorry," i answered, looking around the food court for megan.

"i'm gonna find you someone better... ah! there she's is," steve pointed at megan's tall ass who had on her nurse outfit.

"hey guys," she gave us individual hugs, hugging syd the longest and staying by her side.

"how was ms. walkers class?" she asked a distressed steve. he shook his head, glaring at nothing in front of him as he thought about the class.

"i did everything correctly for that stupid ass piano test! everything! she gon' give me a b minus! these dumbasses didn't do anything accurately and got an a," he fussed, pointing at us.

"woahhhh, we did everything right!" syd said with an offended face. megan watched the exchange with amusement.

"yeah 'cause y'all cheated somehow. stupid asses," he groaned, cutting in front of me in the line. i let him cut considering he was upset and i mean he didn't lie... syd and i created a cheat sheet without him.

i looked back in the line to see megan and syd whispering in each other's ears. i moved my eyes upward and decided to get on my phone. jordan's text notification popped up on top of my screen making me bite my lip to stop smiling.