Chapter 6

"Where is the spirit now then?"

"It's still in me. Thing is, I can feel that it won't be long before it comes back with full vengeance. It's coming quickly, JiU. So...I don't think I'll be in control long enough to help you all the way through ridding Yoohyeon of the spider's spirit."

"Then..." JiU pulled her arms around Dami, taking comfort in the warmth of her body. "Then can you give me instructions? So that I know what to do."

"If I know how to help, then yes, that's a great idea." She squeezed JiU close then extracted her arms so that she could stand and grab the book, a pen and spare sheet of paper from her desk draw. "Had I not been so desperate to rid myself of the spirit, I would have noticed there was a another page on exorcisms." Dami flicked to the back half of the book, her fingers quivering as they passed over the first few pages of the drawings of her and her friends.

"What was the page you looked at then?"

"A failed prototype of whoever wrote the book it seems."

"Have you seen what's on the earlier pages?" She asked with curiosity.

"Yes. It's not something I want to discuss now."

"But you may not have another chance to!"

Dami glared at her seriously. "You don't understand my words, JiU. They contain something I really don't want to discuss." She turned the page to a double-page spread filled with neat cursive handwriting and diagrams.

"Is that all in French?"

"Yup." Dami nodded. "Probably another reason why I messed up my exorcism." Her stomach clenched and she winced before acting like nothing had occurred. "But you, A++ language queen, can translate."

"Pfft. Liar." JiU snorted as she began to translate the book onto the page. "Yoohyeon was by far the language queen."

"She had to learn from someone didn't she? Right, let me translate in peace. Watch if you want."

***

One second, Gahyeon was in her normal place trapped inside of the mirror, watching the girls in the lit darkroom through the shimmering substance and the next, she was catapulted out and into the room on her hands and knees.

The two girls turned rapidly from their respective jobs to stare down at the dazed girl.

"You're out." Handong said with wide eyes.

Siyeon growled in her throat. "You escaped? Wanna tell me how you did that so I can put you straight back in there?"

"Hold on!" Gahyeon blurted and quickly got to her feet. "I don't what happened! One second I was in the mirror and the next I was pushed by something out of it."

"Huh." Siyeon's lip twisted. 

"Don't go like that, Siyeon!" Handong interjected, seeing her face. "Can't things return to how they were with us doing our jobs of capturing people in photographs? Gahyeon helped Yoohyeon take photos, remember?"

"Of course I remember, fool!" Siyeon snapped. "But this fool of a personality always started her weeping and snivelling after each successful capturing, feeling sorry for the stupid humans." Her lip curled and she marched over to Gahyeon. "You never did your job with pride and intent. Therefore, I dislike you." Her fist flew out and she smacked Gahyeon, who stumbled back and smashed the mirror with the back of her head.

Siyeon smirked as Handong shrieked and ran for Gahyeon. "You deserve that. If you're returning, do your job properly. Your stupid behaviour has made Yoohyeon act odd as well." She left with a spin on her white heels.

"Are you okay?" Handong asked as she cradled the weeping Gahyeon in her arms.