"What the h—" Lydia's eyes traveled to where Sage's were, and she stopped. "Oh, oh.

        "He's on the field," Sage began. "He's playing. Stiles is playing." 

        Lydia huffed before tugging the blonde along. "This should be fun to watch. Well, I guess your boyfriend isn't a bench warmer anymore, congratulations, Sage." 

        Sage was still gaping at her boyfriend, and when he finally realized two green eyes were boring a hole into his jersey, he turned around to see that his girlfriend was standing near the bleachers, Lydia attempting to pull her the rest of the way until finally giving up. He sent a look her way in panic and watched as her lips slowly twitched into a smile before she began to bounce up and down in excitement. Okay, so apparently she doesn't know how much he sucks at lacrosse. 

        When Stiles turned back around after sending a nervous smile her way, Sage finally caught on that she was just standing alone looking like an idiot. Moving towards the bleachers where she caught sight of Lydia, who ended up next to Melissa and the Sheriff, she sat down in between her friend and Scott's mom. Speaking of Scott, she was also surprised to see that while Stiles wasn't a bench warmer anymore, Scott was. He was just sitting there, looking nervous with his neck craned slightly as if he were listening to someone speak. 

        "Why is Scott on the bench?" Sage questioned, turning to look at the nurse beside her. Melissa frowned, looking down at her son as well. The teenager wondered if the woman was still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that her son was a teenage werewolf. If she didn't grow up around the supernatural, she would be just as confused too. 

        "His grades are too low, Coach Finstock benched him for the night," Melissa explained. Sage cringed, knowing that Scott had been struggling with his sophomore year ever since it started, which was also the same time he got bit. First, it was dealing with the return of her and Derek, then it was Peter, and then the Kanima and Matt. There was barely any time to maintain a good GPA. The death count in the town was probably higher than her grade in math. 

        "He'll figure something out, don't worry."

        Fifteen minutes into the game, the scoreboard was frozen at zero and Sage could barely pay attention to the lacrosse because she was too busy staring at Stiles. He was a literal mess on the field, and after a few shoves and trips, the ball finally landed into his net for the first time that night. It ended shortly after when a member of the opposing team tackled him to the ground, the ball falling out of his net and possibly giving the boy a concussion. Sage winced because although there was no breakage that she could feel on her body, she could still feel the pain. 

        "Maybe he's just warming up," Melissa assured Sage, while Lydia hummed in agreement. Sage nodded, even though she was worried that something was going to happen to him on the field tonight.

        She barely had time to blink before Stiles was thrown on the grass once again, this time by three players. Sage huffed out and ran her hands through her hair, tugging anxiously. "He's just a bit nervous, he's got plenty of time to turn it around."

        Her attempt to comfort them, and herself, was lost as Stiles fumbled with the ball, it bouncing out of his net. Lydia moaned in annoyance, mostly because the team was loosing, Melissa closed her eyes to keep herself from seeing it, the Sheriff just put his head in his hands, and Sage sighed in defeat. Her eyes drifted off to where Scott was sitting, and a new teammate was now beside him. Isaac Lahey, number fourteen, was sitting there. She quirked her eyebrow up and watched as the two conversed before Isaac got up from the bench, shuffling onto the field.