Our Hill

"Your wolf will..."

I gulped in desperation.

"Stay!"

Me and my wolf jumped up in excitement.

"Only if..." My mum replied. "Your wolf follows your plan. I am not having this mess again, understand?"

"Yes mum, thanks!" I called, as me and my wolf ran upstairs.

"We need to think of a name for you." I breathed as we panted at the top of the stairs.

"How about tom?" I asked.

My wolf shook his head and jumped on my bed. "Amy?" My wolf shook his head like mad. I had the feeling that he was a boy!

"Ah! Got it! The perfect name. Wolfy?" I asked hopefully.

That's what I kept calling him, so why not?

My wolf shook his head again. He pointed his head at my computer, sitting in the corner of the room. "Ok, we will research your name then!" I replied.

I turned on the computer and typed into Google, 'wolf names'.

A list of websites appeared on the screen. I clicked on the first one. Got it! There was a table of odd names that said what they meant down the side.

"Alonge...means intelligent." I called.

My wolf shook his head.

"Lowell. Means wolf cub?" I suggested.

The wolf shook his head.

There's got to be something.

"Ah! Got it. Fenris! Means mythical monster wolf!" I called.

I could see my wolf was thinking. Mythical monster wolf would suit him well! He is a little monster sometimes! Fenris. Good name! One of the easiest ones on there!

My wolf nodded! I pointed to Fenris on the list. He seemed happy!

Its midnight now. Were sitting on my hill together, looking up at the stars. I think Fenris is happy that he has got a name and that he will be fed at night! I am too.

Mum says were going to the market tomorrow. I wonder what other people will think of Fenris.

Maybe it is not a good idea to bring him. People will freak out! He is a wolf! You forget that Fenris is a wolf sometimes! He is just like a dog, not a wolf!

"Hey, Fenris. I think its a bit mean of me to call this my hill. I mean, its your hill too right?" I asked.

Fenris looked up at me. He nodded and then pointed up at the sky with his head. There I noticed a shooting star!

"Make a wish Fenris." I called.

I made a wish to.

I wished that my hill could be called our hill, and that me and Fenris would be together always! I thought about whether I should tell Fenris about our hill! I made a wish on it, so its already come true!

"Fenris, I have decided that My hill is going to be named Our hill!" I shouted in delight!

Fenris jumped with glee, and we raced inside our house!

Mum had made us two cups of hot chocolate, and cookies!

Fenris surprisingly liked the hot chocolate, and the cookies! We toasted to our hill and sat in front of the fire!

I grasped my cup of hot chocolate, and stared outside. I could feel there was something bad coming...