Chapter two

When school is thankfully over. I head to the detention room. Earlier, the most annoying teacher in the school gave me a detention for 'answering back constantly'
the bitch is lying. On my way, many boys whistle to me and smirk disgustingly. Since I began high school, I got unnecessary attention from boys. I dated a couple in ninth grade but soon realised they were all just begging it and didn't even care about me. I then separated myself and started focussing on more important things. But some still approach me as friends which I'm obviously cool with. But after a year, I met Noah. He seemed different to other boys and made me feel this amazing feeling in my stomach. He was a good person.. until he wasn't. A couple months ago, Noah started drinking. He made friends with a boy outside of school called Elliot and ever since, he has never been the same. I don't get excited to see him anymore, instead I feel afraid in a way.
Two months ago, I lost my virginity to Noah and his other friend Elliot. It wasn't enjoyable and certainly not how I wanted to have my first time so I wouldn't count it as real. I try to ignore it and forget about it all the time but Noah always brings it up and suggests it again. I reject which most of the time makes him angry but I don't care. He hits plenty of walls, bricks, and breaks things. But I know that he would never purposely hit or break me... I try so hard to break up with him all the time but I don't have the courage. So instead, I ignore it and we act as if we are this innocent couple when everyone else is around. 

I arrive at the stupid ass detention room where I shouldn't even be and my eyes instantly connect with a boy sat at the back of the room. That's Joey Birlem.
I tell the teacher my name and find a seat near the back, even though I hate him, I don't wanna sit next to any of the other weird kids.
"Sup" he coughs quietly, pulling his phone out of his pocket. My eyes widen at his urge to pull his phone out and start texting in the detention room. And more than that, he doesn't even look at me when talking.
"Hey" I cooly respond, slumping back in my chair. I stare at the clock for ages until I slightly turn my head to look at him. Something about him gives me deep anxiety. He looks so, dangerous. So.. cold.
I remember Mads having a crush on him for years until they finally became ish friends and Mads got interested in Jace, Joey's other friend. But not the best influence for either of them.
"How's your boyfriend," he asks. My tongue burns with the thought of no response. I hope Mads didn't tell him anything. My stomach twists and I begin to feel uncomfortable. I let out a big breath and lay my head on the table desk. I can't tell if I want to cry or scream. Or both.
"What? Is that subject too touchy?" I don't even have to look at him to know he is smirking.
"Just stop," I tell him with an attitude to hide the fact that I'm dying inside.
He shrugs, "Fine then. Maddie has told you I'm coming on Saturday right?"
I nod lightly, "Yeah, I know.."
"Your cool with it?" He's quick to ask. I answer him honestly with the shake of my head. "Not really but Mads doesn't know that so don't tell her. Plus, i will be out exploring all around anyways"
"Cool, so will I probably but not with you of course"
He scoffs and I feel a hard kick in my chest.
"Okay."  I really don't know what to say at this point because I'm drowning in my own thoughts. He is such a dick. I try to be nice but he will never be. But it's better that we keep our distances anyways, I hate him and he's too bitter for me. Though I can't help starring at him. The way his chestnut brown hair is pushed back, his deep brown eyes and the tiny freckles that lay beneath. His lips look soft, though they've probably been kissed a thousand times and counting. His spiky leather jacket is a turn on though to be honest. Imagine ripping that off.. Oh my gosh, I need to stop right now.
Okay yes, he is  hot. But me and him could never be together. He is a player and I love Noah. Noah... he will go mad about this road trip. Especially, if he finds out Joey is coming. I groan. Why is it always one thing after another.

Detention finally finishes and I rush out to get away from Joey.
"See you on Saturday, Luna"
I roll my eyes and stop in my tracks in the corridor. I turn around, wondering if he actually meant to get my name wrong.
"It's Lexi"
His face is puzzled, "Oh shit, is it really?"
I nod and raise my eyebrow.
"I'm sure you wouldn't really remember though right? From all the girls you've banged I'm surprised you even remembered it beginning with a L"
I sassily respond. He surprises me by laughing. "Real cute" he smirks and opens the exit door for me. The fact that he doesn't even deny he has banged many girls-
I want to thank him for opening the door but I shouldn't. I just walk away but before i get to the steps I hear his motorbike starting.
He hops on his motorcycle and looks my way. I lift my jacket hood over my head and look over to him. "New ride?"
"Yup. Wanna ride? I could take you home. Or somewhere else..."
"No!" I am quick to say. It came out really rude and quickly. I wasn't thinking. "I just mean I don't wanna be one of your make out girls, that's all.." That was light, I guess?...
"No it's not like that I-"
I don't even let him finish before I interrupt.
" I said no, Joey."
He sighs in defeat. "Fine then" I hear him mumble.
He scoffs and puts his helmet over his head before zooming off into the night and once again, I am alone...

By the time I arrive home my feet are killing, I open the door to see my mom and dad sat on the sofa and starring directly at me.
"Where have you been young lady?"
My father dares to ask. I raise my middle finger to him and walk up my stairs.
"Lexi, where have you been?"
My mother follows me up the stairs into my bedroom.
"I had a detention at school"
Her eyes widen in shock. "So what?" I ask with a scoff. I seriously am too tired to listen to this. I should have took Joey up on his offer of hopping on his motorcycle with him. I would honestly rather be with that ass than my own family right now.
"We have been worried sick!"
I roll my eyes, changing into some matching pjs, shorts and a loose grey tank top.
"Why do u care? I was fine. You could have just texted me"
She sits on the edge of my bed, sighing deeply as I turn to face my wall away from her, away from this life. And before I know it, I am slipping away. Half way to dreamland.
"Lexi? Lexi! Please kiss me. Just kiss me and stop overthinking about it so much"
"Your such a child"
I listen to the sound of his grunts and my heart aches with response. Does he even love me. Why is he rushing me into this!
"Noah, please. Not yet"
"Just get your clothes off, you'll love it, i promise you gorgeous"
"I'm hard, and I need you to help me with that. Don't make me have to find someone else to help me with it Lexi"
"You wouldn't.."
"Oh I would"
I grunt, trying to fight him as he lies on top of me, using all of his body weight to hold me down and begins to slip off my leggings. I hit him harder and he grabs my arms and holds them above my head with one hand. And then suddenly,
I wake up. Drenched in sweat. Fuck. I grab my phone of my side. There is no way I am going back to sleep. I scan my phone for Joey's number , I don't have it.
Why would I have it? I hate his guts. I slam my phone down on my cabinet face down and just stare at it for a couple of minutes...
I then cannot stop myself when I pick it back up and head to Maddie's following on Instagram. Does he even have an insta? Of course he does... I dm him a short 'Hey, it's me.'
I wait for a couple of minutes before I am glad to see a response sat in my notifications.
'Oh hey. It's Luna right?'
I giggle quietly at the short words and find myself getting giddy.
We text for hours and I don't even know why. This isn't going to change a single thing. I guess I am just bored.
'Wanna FaceTime?' I dare to ask.
He immediately responds with a strict 'No'
I bite my lip awkwardly, thank god he can't see me.
'Okay.' I reply back. Unsure how to act and what to say.
'Fuck, your good. Fine. Just 10 minutes'
I nod and we quickly exchange numbers. I call him first. Smiling at his hair sticking up. All the FaceTime call I can't help but make fun of his ugly bedding and choice of band but he loves it and says really I'm just a fan of him and want him. I automatically deny. It would be terrible to admit to something so... false.

Joey's Pov
All night, me and Lexi talked on a constant. She was repeatedly making fun of my bed head and my love for the band Oasis but I just made fun of the tiny things that weren't perfection on her. When not being a certified bitch, it isn't as difficult as you would think to get along with her. But she is always being a certified bitch, so there you have it.
I notice her dimples and how they dip right into her mouth. It's... appealing. And the top she is wearing, I can tell she has no bra underneath. It's a tank top and looking at the straps, I don't see a bra one. Her boyfriend, Noah, always rants on to everyone about how she has the best body. After talking for ages, I look into the camera and hear light snores. I chuckle at the sight of her peacefully sleeping in front of the camera. I screenshot it and look awhile. Actually, shit no, that's creepy. I can't do that shit. I end the call and text her something to wake up to for tomorrow.
'You fell asleep on the call, I didn't want to wake you so I just ended it. Hope you have a good sleep Luna - Joey'
I smirk and pull my blanket over me, drifting off slowly.