Chapter 8

After Kyle and I had a reunion he never left my side like he was afraid I will fade into darkness again. I went to sleep feeling tired as I was trying my hardest to stay awake cause I wanted to spend more time together, a few days later I went into treatment learning to walk and move around as well as using a walking stick and read braille. Martha and everyone else came to visit me to see how I was doing, of course, my aunt was upset when she found out I had woken up but did nothing as I was always with Kyle when she visited.

At the moment I am reading "Braille for dummies" that Kyle had bought for me on my hospital bed studying my new way of reading with Kyle sitting beside me doing homework.

"Ugh" I heard Kyle groaned and I immediately knew he was doing math homework.

"What is it? Math?" I asked smiling slightly remembering how Kyle always sucked at the subject

"sigh, yeah can you help?"

"sure" I close my book and set it aside while he moved closer to me. Kyle guided my hand to the paper, I felt the ink on the page of the formula's he wrote as well as the problem. I chuckled a little as I realized it was almost the same problem as when we were kids but more advanced.

"What's so funny?"

"It's almost the same problem as last time"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you remember? I visited your house and you were having trouble with a math problem and I had to help you" I explained. Kyle chuckled a bit at the memory.

"Oh yeah, I remember. I screamed at the top of my lungs in frustration"

"Do you remember the formula I told you to use?"

"Yeah, do I use it for this question?"

"Mmhm, but you add something else to it. Can you give me your pencil?" I felt Kyle hand me a pencil, feeling the paper I wrote down the formula but adding a few things I learned while reading math books.

"Use this to solve the problem"

"We didn't learn this, Siren" Kyle complained

"Do you want my help or don't you"

"Yes, yes I do. Oh, merciful mathematician" Kyle joked, I laughed and pushed him slightly

"Shut up, and do your homework"

"Fine" I heard scribbling next to me meaning Kyle was doing his homework as I told him to, and I went back to reading.

A few seconds later I heard the door open and footsteps entering the room. Next, to me, I heard Kyle sigh like he was annoyed by something when I heard the voice I instantly knew why.

"Hey  Kyle, you left as soon as class ended. I didn't get the chance to ask you if could take me home" My cousin said ignoring the fact I was even in the room. I didn't hear Kyle say anything just writing, 'Oh boy' I thought as I knew he never liked my cousin at all.

Kyle's POV

As I was doing my homework as Siren told me to use the formula, he showed me. Hearing the door open I lifted my head to see who it was but sighed when I saw it was Diana.

"Hey Kyle, you left as soon as class ended. I didn't get the chance to ask you if you could take me home." Ignoring her I continued to do my homework pretending she wasn't there.

I heard Diana come closer, I tensed when she touched my thigh pushing her away, feeling pissed off.

"What are you doing?" I asked