All he could hear was his heart thumping dully in his ears and his quickened breathing slowing to a normal pace. Roger drifted into the kitchen, a small smile lingering on his face as he plopped on the wooden chair and tore open the white envelope. His heart burned with passion, his fingertips gracing over the neat handwriting once more. Roger could almost hear Brian's voice as he read the letter.

My darling,
We just left Japan. What a beautiful place it is. The fans there are always wild and kind! They give us the best love and gifts. I'll be sure to take you there some day. I love the touring, but I feel as if each hour I'm away from you, a part of my soul leaves me. I miss you so much, my angel. My beautiful blue eyed angel. I can't wait to have you in my arms again. I can't wait to see your beaming smile and your glimmering eyes. I can't wait to kiss your perfect pink lips. I hope something happens so I can come home as soon as possible! I hate to leave you on the holidays, I'm sorry. I better be going now, love. Be sure to tell Freddie I said hello! Along with John!

Sincerely,
Bri

P.S. I love you.

Roger didn't even realize the warm tears threatening to spill on his heated red cheeks. His smile caused the corners of his mouth to ache. His knees were pulled up to his chest, one hand on his fluttering heart. That always happens to Roger when he reads the letters, he gets overemotional. He thinks it's from being away from Brian for too long. His crystal eyes scanned the letter again, his mind wandering once he came across Freddie and John's name.

Roger has met Freddie in college. Though Roger was suffering through a biology degree and Freddie was majoring in graphic design in the same college, they bumped into each other at the pub and things went on from there. They immediately connected since they both were childish and wild. Roger met John through Freddie. John was shy as first, but as they hung out more and got to know each other better, John loosened up. John is the type of friend who is quiet until he has a comeback that will make you want to curl up and die. The trio are the best of friends. Brian never got to see a lot of them due to his band, but he spent some time with them. Each time Brian left to tour with his band, Freddie and John would be there to accompany him. And they would be there to stay for Christmas and New Years.

Roger gracefully rose from his chair, his mood now lifted from the letter. Roger stepped towards the white telephone sitting on the squeaky clean countertop in the corner of the kitchen. He pulled the phone up and tucked it in between his shoulder and head as he dialed Freddie's number. The phone started to ring, Roger leaned forward against the chilly counter.

"Hello?" Freddie's voice caused Rogers ears to perk up.

"Freddie! How is everything?" Roger asked, his small smile forming again.

"Rog! Everything is beautiful, my dear," Freddie spoke with delight. "And what about you? Did you get another letter from Brian?"

Roger sighed happily, blushing at the thought. "Yes, I did. He told me to tell you and Deacy he said hello!"

Roger twirled his finger around the bouncy curled wire as he listened intently to Freddie.
"Oh wonderful! Did he say when he would be coming back?"

"No, sadly. God, I miss him, Freddie," Roger groaned with a frown replacing the smile. He rolled his head back as he stood straight and leaned with his back against the counter beside him.

"Oh don't worry, my darling. I know it's hard but he will be home before you know it. Besides, you have me and Deacy! I understand you won't get any of the sexual loving you crave so much but you've got our friendship!" Freddie ranted, causing the blond to smile once again. Roger giggled at the last part and bit down on his lower lip as he blushed.