The Sickness[11]

¤ Chapter 11

Italics = grounder tongue

The Sickness

Bellamy and I were discussing tactics on the war when they saw a blooded eyed Clarke rushing into the dropship. I shared a look with Bellamy before we quickly followed her. I gasped when I saw Murphy who was puking out blood with Clarke beside him.

"Did he do something to you?" Bellamy asked Clarke. I was too focused on the blood and looked up at Clarke's face. Clarke shakes her head." What the hell is this?"

"The sickness," I muttered getting their attention.

"You know what this is?" Clarke asked hopeful. I quickly nodded my head and made a worried face. If they sent this to them then they were going to attack soon. The Sky People were not close to being prepared for a war with her people. If only they had something that could kill a huge amount of the warroirs in one weapon.

"They use this sickness to weaken their enemy before they attack," I explained. Bellamy went to take a step forward, but I quickly stopped him." Don't, it spreads through contact and is very cantagous. Some people are born immune or become immune like most warriors."

"How many people does this kill?" Belleamy asked.

"Only the first few, they don't use it for killing just weakening," I deepend. Bellamy's face shifted towards anger as he glared at Murphy.

"Is this your revenge? Helping the grounders to kill us?" Bellamy snapped at him as Clarke cleaned his face.

"I didn't know about this okay, I swear," he replied weakly.

"He couldn't have," I defended. Bellamy looks over at me with surprised face making me continue," The reason my people use this, is because it takes a while for the sickness to affect the first person," I look over at Murphy," By the time we found out, it was already late. That's why it's a good weapon."

"Murphy think," Clarke tells Murphy softly," Can you tell us anything important?"

"They were viscous and cruel," He whispered. I look away in shame. When I was in Azgeda war, I tortured many people. Most of what my people do for torture is because of me. Just like the fingernail pulling.

"You wanna see viscous?" Bellamy threatens him and started to walk up to him. I quickly caught his arm and stopped him, ignoring the tingle underneath my hand when our skin met contact. Clarke held her hand out to him.

"Hey don't, remeber it spreads through contact," Clarke warned. She then turns towards me," is there any cure?" I shake my head and watch her face fall. Finn walked into the dropship with a concerned look on his features.

"Clarke?" He went to Clarke but she held up her hand, stopping him.

"Hey don't, your shouldn't be in here," Clarke glanced at Bellamy and I," no one should." Finn glanced at us before looking back at her with concern.

"I heard you were sick," he looked at Murphy and the sick behind us. They were the ones to bring Murphy in," Clarke what is this?"

"Some kind of hemophragic fever, we just need to contain it before-" Clarke was cut off when a boy started to cough up his blood. He started to seizure making Clarke and I rush to him. Finn reached out and touched Clarke but she pulled back.