Sky People[1]

¤ Chapter 1

Italics = Grounder tongue

Sky People

I threw the dead brown bear on the merchants table, everything rattled from the impact. I looked up at the merchant with a smirk on my face.

"What can I get with this?" I asked. The merchant gave me a wary eye as she examined the dead animal. She made a disgusted face as some of the slimy saliva made its way on her fingers. She wiped them off on her black jeans and set down the animals head.

"It will give you a new sword, the fur of the beast, and new clothing," she told me codly. I wave off her sass while my smirk grew.

"I'll take it," I replied and knocked on the table with my fingers. She glares at me and smack my hand off the table. My hand falls by my side while I roll my eyes.

"Skinning it will take a little while, so leave Azripa," she hissed at me. I huffed annoyed by her harshness.

"You people always have a stick up your ass dont you," I mumbled as I turn and started to walk away.

"Azripa," I heard her grumble underneath her breath after scoffing. I walk out of her hut and down the street of Lincoln's home village. People scurried away as I strolled pasted them. The children would whisper around and run away as I past them. Adults would give me dirty looks while they past but I ignore them all. My brother and I were never welcomed in any village because of the clan were from.

Wolfkru was my brother and I's clan. Our clan was slaughter off by commander Lexa after our king declind her of offer to join the 10 clans. Her respons was to slaughter us off as pigs. Did I forget to mention the king is my father. I was the heir to the crown after my mother was killed off. My brother was born from another women and she was slaughtered off with the others. Lexa allowed us to live since I was royalty. They raised me to become a cold hearted killer and that's what I was when she said she would spare my brother if I fought in the war. If it wasn't for Lincoln, I would still be that. Now I live in his cave with him while my little brother explored the world.

I walked into Lincoln's cave to find him sitting down and cooking up a deer. I put my hands on his shoulders and leaned my chin on his bald head.

"I'm bored and the merchant said it will take time to skin the bear. Let's exploring," I suggested. I let go of Lincoln and jumped on top of a wooden table, dangeling my legs off the side. Lincoln turned around with his eyebrows raised.

"We explored yesterday and you want to go again?" Lincoln question my motives. I smile at him and lean back on my hands.

"Yes," I replied bluntly. Lincoln shook his head and turned back to his meat cooking. I pouted my lip out and put my elbows on my knees, resting my head in my hands.

"Don't even try to beg me Hera," Lincoln said moving the stick around. I gaped at his back and sat up.

"How did you know I was going to do?" I asked surpised. Lincoln stood up with the now cooked meat and turn towards me. He had a smug look on his face while walking to me. He set the meat next to me on the table at look at me.

"I've known you for 15 years. I can easily read your mind already," he explains amused. I playfully narrow my eyes and him and huff like a child.