Nine - Drowned

Just another usual day of work, stressing and tiring. As much as all of them loved what they did, doing the same everyday is not the most pleasant thing in the world.

"You are all dispensed for the day! Amazing work today guys!" Shawn exclaimed, putting an end in that tiring day of February.

Millie ran to her trailer, wanting to grab her things and just go home. Everyone wasn't having the greatest of the days, but out of all of them hers was certainly the worst.

You know those days when you don't even want to wake up? When you just want to stay in bed the whole day and spent it in your pj's at home, order something to eat because you have no energy to cook. And maybe even cry a little to relieve something. That was exactly her feeling. 

Her emotions were crazy that day, out of control. And it had a name:

Media.

Since she was a little girl and appeared on Stranger Things ,at age eleven, all comments affected her like they did now. As much as she loved spreading positivity, and being the most lovely possible, sometimes she just wanted to get away from everything and disappear for a moment.

Of course it was impossible while being a world wide famous teen. But having people commenting your looks or how they wish you looked like all the time sucked, and still did. It affected directly her self esteem. And now with the filming confirmed she was even more in the spotlight.

The sound of the door opening made her turn around while picking up her things to go.

"Are you leaving?" Finn asked, picking up his scarf from the hanger. "Do you wanna grab a coffee or something?"

"No, thanks. Don't feel like it today." She stood up, with all her things, now ready to go.

"Are you okay?" He asked worried.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just... tired. Long day." She smiled a little.

"Yeah, long day." He replied not convinced.

He knew she wasn't normal. What happened? No idea, but it wasn't the usual Millie. No. She didn't have the sparkling eyes she did everyday, the ones he loved staring. She pressed her lips together, the ones he wanted to kiss every damn second (but couldn't admit, of course).

"See you tomorrow then. Bye Mills." He waved at her, who was now at the door.

"Bye." She closed it and walked towards her car.

She sat on the drivers seat and started her BMW, destination: home.

In the middle of her twenty minute drive, Millie stopped at a Starbucks drive thru and bought herself a coffee, among with a whole red velvet cake for later. Then stopped in a parking spot.

She took a sip of her caramel macchiato and then placed the cup in the cup holder.
The girl took a deep breath and relieved her feelings. It started with a single thin tear falling down her cheeks. It felt good actually, part of that distress seemed to go somewhere.

And it was for moments like that, that she loved owning her own car even living in New York City, where everyone else used the subway, cabs or even buses.