The Journey Begins

The wait was long and tedious, you were really anxious, you wanted to get your stuff and go to Hogwarts now! You had to wonder how many other Muggleborns would be attending and who you would become friends with! You didn't know a lot about magic, your brother is a lot older than you, he graduated there a few years ago, but barely spoke of the magical world. You sometimes wonder if he always wanted a normal life, not the life of a wizard.

You however, are the polar opposite. You always wanted to be involved in magic, casting spells and flying on a broom! Just thinking about it makes a small smile appear.

But now the wait is over, and it was your turn to do to Diagon Alley to get your supplies.

Both your parents decided to come with you to help you get your stuff. On the way there, you couldn't keep your thoughts straight, you wondered what your wand would look like, and you couldn't decide which animal you would like to have! An owl would be the most handy, as you learnt with your brother. He would always send his owl with letter and pictures to keep us updated.

Strolling through the streets, you're eyes wide with wonder. You couldn't believe this was really happening!

First things first however, you needed books and a robe! So you follow your parents through the crowds to a small dusty looking shop and grabbed the spell books you would need, then walked next door to the clothing store. After getting measured and fitted, you gladly pay the shopkeeper and skip out of the door. Only 2 things left to get, a wand and a pet.

You decide it would be best to get a wand first, and a pet after. Glancing around, you spot what you presume to be the wand shop. You tug on your dads sleeve, pointing over to Olivanders. He gives you a small smile and crouches down to your height.

"You go to Olivanders, me and your mum will treat you to a pet, I know how hard it was trying to figure out what you want, it'll be easier this way" Y/F/N smiles and gently nudges you off in the direction on Olivanders.

You swiftly nod your head and jog off to get your very first wand.

How do you know if the wand is for you? Do you pick or does someone else decide for you? A wave of anxiety washes over you, but you push past that and slowly head inside.

The shop is dimly lit, and fairly dusty, but overall very welcoming. As you step into the shop, you hear a faint shuffling at the back of the store. You shuffle up to the front deck and clear your throat.

Suddenly a head pops around the corner, a wizened old man with a spark in his foggy eyes gives you a small smile as he makes his way to you.

"I'm quite surprised to see another L/N coming to my shop, but I must say, that's not a bad thing!" he says with a chuckle, spinning on his heel to shuffle through the many boxes lined on a shelf.

You tilt your head slightly, what did he mean by that? You don't have time to analyse that thought any longer as he turns back around to you, thrusting a wand box in front of you, beckoning you to take it.

You slowly wrap your fingers around the slender wand, lifting it to meet your eyes. It didn't feel like it connected to you, but you gave it a quick test flick none the less.

Your feeling was correct, as it knocked a bunch of papers onto the floor.

Shocked, you look back to the old shopkeeper, trying to look apologetic. He shakes his head with a smile.

"No worries miss L/N, that was nothing to worry about. I'm just surprised that this wand wasn't the one. Its the same type as your brothers." He says, turning back around, tapping his fingers on the various dusty boxes, humming slightly.

He freezes for a moment, deep in thought. You stare curiously at him...what is he thinking??

Suddenly, he darts off into the deeper part of the store. You try to peer around, but your startled by the chime of the door. You spin around and your met with a meek looking boy, same age as you with scraggly black hair. He smiles at you sheepishly, while you give him a small smile and a wave.

Turning back around, you see the shopkeeper jogging back, dust coating his head and shoulders, a sly grin on his face, and a glint in his eyes.

Once again, you take the wand from its sleek box and give it a shy wave. That's when you felt it. A warmth washed over you, as a glow emits from your wand. You eyes widen and you can't help but smile. This was your wand, and you knew it.

"Now that something very special miss L/N, that wand has been in my possession for many a year, waiting for the right witch or wizard to come along. It seems you are the chosen one." he tells you, all while keeping that little grin on his face.

"How much do I owe you sir? And thank you for your patience, I didn't mean to ruin your papers!" you stammer, still not over the fact that you now not only have your wand, but you also have a very special wand at that!

"Now miss, you are one of a kind, I couldn't possibly charge you for this wand. But I do want you to promise me one thing. Your road ahead will be difficult, but I expect you will make all the right choices."

"Of course!" you exclaim, "Thank you so very much sir! Please take these galleons anyway! I couldn't possibly take something and not pay!" You manage to say, dropping the money on the counter and sprinting out of the door, you couldn't wait to show your parents your brand new wand!