"Hey, did your sister call about how the trial went?" Barry quickly changed the subject.

"Yea, they won," I said.

"Your family really is made out of Justice," Iris said.

"Yep, justice courses through my veins" I smiled.

We stood in front of the stage, Barry smiling while holding my hand. "Thank you all for joining us tonight" Harrison Wells stepped up to the mic, "My name is Harrison Wells. Tonight, the future begins. The work my team and I will do here will change our understanding of Physics, will bring about advancements in power, advancements in medicine, and trust me, that future will be here faster than you think."

Everyone began clapping and cheering. "One final step into the future" I whisper up to Barry, he smiled at me.

I saw a guy walking towards us, and then Iris whipping around as he ran off with her bag. "NO! Hey, my laptop. It's got my dissertation in there!" Iris exclaimed. Barry took off running, me not too far behind, but I had heels on and was running slower than him, but faster than Iris.

Barry was only a few feet behind the kid, and I was attempting to pull out my badge, while I didn't have jurisdiction in Central City, I sure as hell knew this kid wouldn't realize it.

We turned a corner and I saw Barry get knocked over by the kid, landing on the ground and slowly getting up to try and talk the kid into giving Iris' bag over. I slowed down, waiting to see when the kid whacked him across the face and attempted to run again. "Barry!" I ran down to his side, seeing an officer stopping the kid. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" Barry muttered.

~

We were sitting in the precinct shortly after giving our statements, Barry had a small bloody nose and a bruise, but other than that he was fine. "I'm sorry you didn't get to see the particle accelerator turn on," I said.

"Don't be, it was fun just to see Harrison Wells" Barry smiled.

"What's with that guy? So what he caught a mugger" Iris said, sitting down with us.

"He's a transfer from Keystone. Started a few weeks ago, Eddie Thawne" Barry explained.

"Oh, so that's detective pretty boy" Barry and I gave her a look, "That's what my dad calls him, says he actually keeps score of his arrests. He is pretty though"

"Keeping score is such a rookie thing to do," I said, "We had one like that at SCPD, my dad got fed up with it a day in"

"What did he do?" Barry asked.

"He didn't do anything, then everyone started dropping hints it was getting annoying and he stopped. But he ended up dying in the undertaking" I said.

"That manmade earthquake?" Iris asked.

"Yea.."

"Pretty bird, it's time" Tommy whispered.

"NO" I sobbed, "Not yet, please, not yet"

"It's time" He whispered again. "I can't feel my legs, and it's getting harder to breath"

"Just a little longer, Tommy" I laid my head down, "Do you-do you remember your prom? When you and Oliver snuck me in"

"Yea, we got into so... so much trouble," Tommy said. "You were dressed in that black dress, the one your mom bought you for your birthday"

"You danced with me, even though all the other girls wanted to dance with you" I sniffled, "And when we were busted, you drove me home"

"You were way better than any of the girls at that dance" He smiled.

"Tommy!? Avery!?!" Oliver came running in, seeing us. "Oh my god"

"I'm not going to make it, Oliver" Tommy whispered. Oliver joined me beside him.

"You'll be fine, Tommy" Oliver was tearing up. "We'll all be fine"

"Protect them, Oliver... protect our pretty birds"

"Avery?" Barry asked I jumped, looking back to see Captain Singh and Detective Thawne.

"Sorry," I said.

"Detective Thawne, this is Barry's... Friend, Detective Avery Lance from Starling City" Singh said.

"Your father is the Quentin Lance?" Eddie asked.

"Yep," I said.

"That's awesome! He's one of the greatest detectives on the West coast" Eddie said, "I admire his work, especially the Queen case, he caught Moira Queen just before her plan to destroy half a city took place"

"My father didn't catch Moira Queen, she confessed on live television, and I was the one to arrest her," I said.

"Oh," Eddie said.

"Um... Why don't we go watch the particle accelerator from my lab?" Barry took my hand and pulled me to the stairs. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm perfectly fine..."

Use a mask they said... It'll help they said...