"That's funny, I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place," Klaus told Tyler in a threatening tone. He glanced at Mallory as he took a step toward the couple, "You don't mind if I cut in, do you?"

Mallory glared at Klaus, knowing that he was referring to having a dance with Mallory, "Yes, actually, we do," She suddenly blurted out, turning to face Klaus as she took a threatening to step toward him and away from Tyler, "Now, buzz off, will you?"

Klaus gave Mallory an impressed look when she showed no fear while standing up to him. He turned his head and looked over at Tyler, giving him a look that would make Tyler say yes if he was still sired to him.

"No, it's fine," Tyler told Mallory, who turned to look at him and immediately knew he was just trying to play his part and not give himself away.

Mallory scoffed, turning to glare at Klaus once more, "Why do you always have to prove you're the alpha male?" She complained to the original hybrid angrily, "It's annoying!"

"I don't have to prove anything, love. I am the alpha male," He told Mallory, who loudly scoffed at him, "Come on, one dance, I won't bite."

Klaus grinned, holding his hand out to Mallory, who turned to look at Tyler before she skeptically took Klaus' offered hand. Slowly, Klaus led her out onto the dance floor, smiling.

He spun Mallory once, just before he placed one hand on her waist while the other held her gloved hand. As they began to dance with each other, Klaus spoke up, breaking the uncomfortable silence between them, "Do you remember the twenties?" He asked, their faces close together as they spoke to each other.

"Of course, I do," Mallory responded, looking at anything but Klaus as she spoke with a bit of an attitude, "It was one of my most favorite decades. I spent the whole decade in Chicago."

"You were in Chicago during the twenties?" He questioned Mallory, clearly shocked by the newly found information.

"Oh, come on, Klaus. You didn't think I would leave my brother alone with someone like you, did you?" She asked Klaus, whose face immediately fell, "I may have been running from you, but my brothers always come first. Even before myself," She paused, a small smile on her lips at how taken aback Klaus seemed to be at that moment, "Now, do continue about the twenties. I love hearing about it."

"Since you asked so nicely," Klaus replied, smiling at Mallory, "The girls were reckless, sexy, fun. A lot like you," He paused as Mallory's gaped open, seeing as though Tyler had said almost the same exact thing not even ten minutes before, "They literally used to dance until they dropped."

Mallory shook herself out of her thoughts and quickly began insulting Klaus, "I suppose it had a little to do with their dance partners." She commented, raising a brow at Klaus.

"Well, if you're referring to me killing them, I'm sure you've killed just as many dance partners as I have." Klaus retorted, clearly offended by Mallory's statement about him.

"No, Klaus. That's not true," Mallory argued with Klaus coldly, "I may have killed thousands of people over the course of eight hundred years and turned just as many, but I know when I'm going too far. You don't. You'll kill anyone, no matter who it is."

"You should be nicer to me," Klaus told Mallory, who gave him an amused look.

"And why should I do that, huh?" Mallory questioned Klaus skeptically.

"I'm leaving town tomorrow," Klaus informed Mallory, whose eyes widened in shock at the news.

"What? You're leaving?" Mallory asked him in shock.