35. Sanity

"The Mighty Thor to the rescue," Loki cooed as he let his dagger dissipated from his fingers. "Come to claim your whore?"

      Thor narrowed his eyes at his brother, having had seen nearly the whole situation play out and turned his attention to Athelia, who was ready to throw her daggers at Loki's head.

     "Athelia, get out of there."

     "But we were having so much fun," Loki mocked again, his falling on Athelia. Neither of them spoke another word, but each could tell just how hurt the other was as Athelia phased into corridor along Thor.

     All she wanted to do was go back to her room and drown herself in a boiling bath, but she had a feeling that she had a lot of explaining to do and as Thor and Loki exchanged words, she did her best to find the right things to say.

     She turned sharply on her heel as Loki wished to be alone and made her way up the stair case with Thor right behind her. Her armor had already faded, leaving her in the sheer white gown that was stained with her blood and her long sweaty hair sticking to her back.  She was beyond frustration in all aspects, but not as much as the God behind her who gripped her arm tightly to keep her from walking any further.

      "I suggest you take your hands off me."

      Thor wasn't having any of her attitude though and whipped around so she was staring up at him, once again backed into a corner so she could not walk away. "I suggest you start explaining."

      "Explain what?!" She snapped, cringing at the tone her own words. "You have no idea what you just did. I was close. So close Thor. I almost had it."

      "Had what?"

      She looked him over, feeling anxious for filling his head with such grief. But she couldn't tell him that it was real. She couldn't tell him that she wanted his brother's hands on her body again. So she did what she could to make sure that she would be able to return with no suspicion, even if it meant lying to her future king.

    "The truth."

     Thor eyed her anxiously and she sighed,  trying to desperately make her anger towards him seem real. Though it proved harder than she thought and with every word she struck at him, she felt like more of the monster Loki now thought she was.  "I think you need to speak with your mother."

      She tried to push past him, but his hand hit the wall next to her head and she slowly looked up, catching the angry spark in his eye. "I think I need to speak with you."

      She looked around as if she was searching for the guards, but in reality she was making sure she was far enough from Loki's lingering ears. The last thing she needed was for him to hear her tell his brother everything he thought to be true.

     "Not here," she said as she gripped his bulky bicep, before closing her eyes.

     Thor stumbled backwards into Athelia's desk. He would never get used to the rush of teleporting and he gripped the wood tightly as he regained his composure.

     "Your mother believes Loki is innocent."

     "He's far from innocent," he seethed as he followed Athelia slowly around her room. She picked another gown from cupboard and dissappeared behind the changing wall as she spoke.

     "You're brother was brainwashed Thor, by someone I believe to be named Thanos. Whoever he is caused your brother tremendous pain and beat him down until he was vulnerable enough to take control."

     "And you believe him?" He scoffed, setting his hammer down on the desk.

     Athelia emerged from behind the screen and shook her head. "I believe the magic that holds his memories behind a wall is not of this world. I believe he remembers New York, but in the way that it really happened."