32. Uncertain

"Well don't you look lovely," Frigga cooed as she entered the room. She gazed up at
Athelia and smiled, her eyes falling to the gold embellished silk that wraps around her small frame.

    Frigga knew that Athelia was not too keen on the design of the gown, but she also knew that she was not too fond of the wedding either. Athelia wanted a small gathering. A handful of people that would serve as witnesses and nothing more. She couldn't imagine feigning happiness as she was  surrounded by hundreds and being forced to parade through the streets with Thor made it even worse.

     She kept it to herself though. She would be lying if she said the smile on Frigga's face didn't give her some small hope for the future. She knew very well that there was a small chance she could one day love Thor, but with the storm still looming outside she just wasn't sure. They were so different. Thor was kind where she was not. He was  sane where she was murderous and he loved Asgard where she liked to think she wouldn't care if the whole damn floating world burned down around her.

     She wasn't sure if hope was the right word for them, especially now that she knew he feared her.

     "Hold still my dear," the dressmaker panted as her stubby buddy worked in circles around her, shoving pins where last minute alterations were needed.

     "I am still."

     "Are you eating child?" She asked, her hands came to her portly hips and she sighed. She had just fitted this dress three weeks ago and now was she was going to have to take it in nearly two sizes.

      Athelia held her ribs as the other woman pulled tightly at the nude slip. It's barely clung to her skin.

      "Athelia, are you well?" Frigga asked as the younger seamstress shook her head, adding another item to the alteration list.

     "I'm fine."

      "Fine and well are not the same thing," she said as she stepped up on the platform and began to remove the pins from the back of the dress. She helped her step out of the gorgeous design and waved off the dressmakers, hoping to have a moment with Athelia before they met Odin for lunch. "I know something has been bother you as well as my son. It has not stormed like this in many years."

     Athelia stepped down, holding her corset to her chest and her eyes fell towards her balcony. The once colorful skies we're dark and looking as the small droplets fell. Though unlike many others who knew the prince was upset, she found peace in the break of glory.

    "With all do respect Frigga, I do not wish to speak about it." She said, pulling a silk robe around her frame. "You're getting the wedding you want, Thor's getting a wife and I will one day hopefully get a throne. All is right in the realm, there is no need to discuss matters that do not concern you."

     Frigga smiled, and held out her hand in hopes Athelia would take, but she was not surprised when Athelia retreated to her desk and began skimming through the documents and agreements pertaining to Dorian.

     "He told me what happened."

      She dropped the pen she had been tapping on the table and leaned back into her chair. "Of course he did, because adults can't just deal with their problems on their own."

     "I understand why you're angry Athelia. I do. When I was came here from Vanaheim, I did not want to marry the king. I wanted to be free to choose who I fell in love with and where I got to spend my life, but Asgard, Asgard grew on me far quicker than the king and his terrible jokes." She laughed. "I want you to be happy Athelia and it pains me to know that marrying my son and living a well of life in Asgard, does not give you what you desire."